We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Downtown PV - Velas Vallarta

Which Puerto Vallarta hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
New Jersey
Level Contributor
25 posts
Save Topic
Downtown PV - Velas Vallarta

I will be at the Velas Vallarta next yr July. Is this considered to be in downtown PV? Any info on the hotel?

Puerto Vallarta...
Level Contributor
28,777 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Downtown PV - Velas Vallarta

No it's in the Marina, but only a 4.5 pesos (US.40c) bus ride away. See Map here

http://vallartainfo.com/marina.html

New Jersey
Level Contributor
25 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Downtown PV - Velas Vallarta

Thanks JRinPV! Ive only been to Cancun so im a bit nervous about this trip. I booked a 3 bdrm suite on my timeshare and i am getting my friends to committ to this trip & i want everyone to have the best time as possible.

Spokane, Washington
Level Contributor
566 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Downtown PV - Velas Vallarta

Hi!! You will absolutely love this hotel!! We come every year & have stayed here alot! The beds are the best in PV!! Down comfortors & mattress covers. Great service, fun pools & activities. Its in the marina area & lots of great restruants & shops there. Plus alot of awesome yahts to look at. The food at the restruants in the Velas are great also! Have fun!! July will be VERY HOT!! We like to go in the winter time.

New Jersey
Level Contributor
25 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Downtown PV - Velas Vallarta

Thanks for the info Islands! I am feeling quite hopeful after reading many mixed reviews about the hotel. I understand i am going in the rainy season and the hottest/humid season. Hoping for a nice tan!

Minneapolis...
Destination Expert
for Puerto Vallarta
Level Contributor
5,168 posts
141 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Downtown PV - Velas Vallarta

Hi jijibx, I own a timeshare at Velas Vallarta, you will love it. It is a beautiful resort. The rooms are great, as mentioned in above post, the beds are the best in PV. The pools are beautiful. I found the food to be good but we ate out for most of our meals because we love going downtown every night. You will have to take a bus or taxi to downtown. After 11:00pm the buses stop running from downtown so you will have to take a taxi back. Downtown has great places to eat and great clubs. I was there July 2005, it is very hot, but still very fun and it does rain, but it won't ruin your vacation. I always go in the winter too, I love both times of the year because PV is my favortie vacation spot in the world. Have you been to PV before or is this your first trip?

New Jersey
Level Contributor
25 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Downtown PV - Velas Vallarta

Hi Loverofpv,

Thanks for the info. I am actually going to PV on an exchange through RCI. This will be my first time. I was going to go to Cabo San Lucas but didnt see any desirable hotels that were available. I was skeptical about my decision but am feeling much better now. They have asked $105 per day for the all-inclusive. Does that sound right?

Minneapolis...
Destination Expert
for Puerto Vallarta
Level Contributor
5,168 posts
141 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Downtown PV - Velas Vallarta

Hi jijibx, I have never done the AI, because we love going downtown to eat every night. However, during the day we did have lunch there and what we ate was very good. We met many people there that were doing the AI and said it the food was great and the drinks were even better. I think they paid $99.00 but it could be a different rate depending on the time of the year and I think they paid $49.00 per child. They said they drank at least $99.00 worth of drinks a day..... I think they ordered seafood every night. The resort also pays for you to go somewhere to eat, make sure you ask about this because it is a great resturauant. They really don't tell you about it. Enjoy your trip, you will love it. What size condo did your get?

United States
Level Contributor
1,042 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Downtown PV - Velas Vallarta

Having spent time at Velas Vallarta last Jan I want to second the poster who said they have the most comfortable beds in PV! We were in the PV area for 2 months and Velas Vallarta was the best nights' sleep we had for the entire time. In addition the restaurant at which you need reservations is as good as any restaurant in the area. We don't do A1's but were pleasantly surprised by the selection and quality of the dinners here. I also recommend having a massage at their spa - it was wonderful (I went twice).

New Jersey
Level Contributor
25 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Downtown PV - Velas Vallarta

Loverofpv:

I usually do the AI whenever i go because we usually eat and drink well past the daily rate. But just wanted to make sure that i wasnt somehow getting ripped off. We got a 3 bdroom suite which i also have never done. It's going to be a group of 6 of a couple and singles. I am not the pickiest person and try to make the best of all situations. However, I also want to make sure that the other people in my room will be satisfied as well. They usually start of high maintenance but after a couple of drinks no one cares! Im getting more excited by the minute!

New Jersey
Level Contributor
25 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Downtown PV - Velas Vallarta

Luvthebeach:

I will most definitely go to the spa, I am sure i will need a massage or a detox at one point on the trip! If all else fails at least i know my bed will be comfortable. Thanks for your help again. I wouldve opted not to do the AI but unfortunately the timeshare exchange makes it mandatory for me.