We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Dreams PV vs. Villamagna for Kids?

Orange County
Level Contributor
158 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Dreams PV vs. Villamagna for Kids?

ur family of 4 (two boys 5&7) are thinking of a Dreams vacation but am debating between the PV and Villa locations.

PV is a little under $100 cheaper than Villa per night. I priced out the the suite at PV and an ocean view at the Villa.

I really don't care about the proximity to downtown or the long strands of beach for walking (kids probably won't want to walk long distances)

Things that are important:

-Kids club/fun things to do at the hotel for the kids

-Gentler wave for the kids

-Clear/warm ocean

-Nice facilities -water sport like kayaks/sailboats

-Nice lounge chairs at the beach

-Not having to fight for a chair by the pool

-Nice room with a good/close ocean view - I don't want the room to have a distant view of the ocean - I would like to hear the waves crashing

Let me know which hotel has a better representation of the things I have mentioned. Also if there are any other hotel that fit the criteria, please let me know.

Thanks for the community's help!

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
26,483 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Dreams PV vs. Villamagna for Kids?

If I recall correctly, every room at the original Dreams is facing the ocean and is *right there*.

Dreams VillaMagna is a brand new resort with the coordinating "brand new" options. I'd read the reviews from those who have stayed, see which suits your needs.

Tonawanda, New York
Level Contributor
1,371 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Dreams PV vs. Villamagna for Kids?

The Melia has a great kid's club,nice large pool, water sports and close to the water.

Napa Valley, CA
Level Contributor
1,982 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Dreams PV vs. Villamagna for Kids?

I have been to Dreams PV twice in the last year and love it there. We really like it's location so close to town as we go into town often for dinner, shopping, strolling the Malecon. Also south of town is very lush, mountainous and tropical. I realise you don't crae about being close to town but that is why we would never stay in Nuevo Vallarta. It is 45 min north of town. I have never been to the new Dreams but will answer your questions as best as I can.

1. Dreams PV does have a kids club and while we weren't there with kids it looked like the ones there were having fun. Dreams PV is an older resort (but immaculately kept up) so their pools are basic. No slides, waterfalls, etc. The NV Dreams being new might have a more spectacular pool which might appeal to the kids.

2. The water at Dreams was very calm in October and the waves were a bit bigger in January. When do you plan to go? Anytime in the summer it would be calm I think. They have kayaks available, a big trampoline in the water and snorkeling (although the snokeling in PV isn't great. Not sure about the ocean/waves in Nuevo.

3. Covered in the above answer.

4.Hundreds of lounge chairs on the beach. Never a problem getting one. Pool chairs are a bit more limited with people saving chairs at the crack of dawn. We always sit on the beach as the beach at Dreams PV is spectacular. It is almost private due to cliffs and rocks on the north and south ends. Only 2-3 vendors allowed on the beach. I am not crazy about the type of lounge chair they use on the beach though, I could never get them at just the right angle. They have two types of chairs on the beach so you have your pick.

5. Covered above. It seems that at any resort these days people get up early and save their favorite chairs. There are always chairs available but maybe not in the spot you would like.

6. Dreams PV is the best in this sense. There are two towers and both face the ocean 100%. Every room in both towers have a full on ocean view. Of course it helps if you are above the 3rd floor as there is so much foliage and so many trees that they could block the view. We have stayed in both towers and both times had spectacular views. Don't know the situation at the new Dreams.

We love Dreams PV and wouldn't stay anywhere else when looking for an AI resort. But based on some of your desires it may not be the best place. Please post your questions on the Neuvo Vallarta forum and hopefully someone who has stayed at the Dreams there can help you. Good luck!

Grass Valley...
Level Contributor
536 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Dreams PV vs. Villamagna for Kids?

Before it was a Dreams, it was our favorite. We loved the beach, and while the water is not as clear as in the Yucatan, there is some nice snorkeling on both ends of the beach.

NJ
Level Contributor
336 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Dreams PV vs. Villamagna for Kids?

We used the Kids Club at Dreams PV and was very impressed with it. They also have the releasing of the turtles every evening which was a highlight for the kids. The size of Dreams PV might also be a benefit for you considering the ages of your kids. We felt comfortable giving them alittle freedom at the resort because it was not a mega resort like the VillaMagna. We enjoyed it so much we are returning in November.

6. Re: Dreams PV vs. Villamagna for Kids?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 December 2009, 07:17