We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Which Resort

Which Puerto Vallarta hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Alberta, Canada
Level Contributor
62 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Which Resort

Booking a trip for late August, trying to decide between 2 resorts, both great deals...

Fiesta American (Not all inclusive)

or

Hola Vallarta (All inclusive)

Leaning to the all inclusive as is so nice with kids, but the FA has such great reviews and is a super deal. Any thoughts anyone??

Wilmington, North...
Level Contributor
244 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Which Resort

Maybe Im a bit biased but I am staying August 31st thru Sept 6 at the fiesta americana. I have never been to PV so some other folks could probably give you more expert advice...From what I've read their are a ton of kid freindly restaurants to try if you stayed non AI. I do, however, understand the convenience of just getting the kids a quick bite to eat at the hotel after swimming all afternoon. Or getting a cocktain at the bar and you dont have to worry about what you're spending..Good luck!

Wilmington, North...
Level Contributor
244 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Which Resort

haha cocktail....Im not real sure what a cocktain is :)

Seattle
Level Contributor
42,744 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Which Resort

I'm pretty sure that Fiesta Americana is a MUCH nicer place that Hola (from my reading here, I've not been to either).

new jersey
Level Contributor
303 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Which Resort

How about Dreams???

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
26,217 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Which Resort

Dreams isn't normally on sale from where we live. Only once in a blue moon.

Alberta, Canada
Level Contributor
62 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Which Resort

Thanks for all the thoughts!

Anyone out there ever been at the Hola??

NKY
Level Contributor
20 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Which Resort

We having been going to the Hola (Qualton] at least once a year since 1998 and are returning in November for two more weeks. Have only been on the first floor of FA but it appears to have more amenities and is a larger hotel.

As stated many times in reviews the Hola is an older smaller hotel, but the beach is one of the best in area and the views from all rooms is spectacular. Service is great. The owner is local and often on site. We feel the Hola is a good value. We can stay longer and spend our extra money elsewhere in PV!

Alberta, Canada
Level Contributor
62 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Which Resort

Thanks for all the feedback makes me feel so much more confident planning our trip with our precious vacation dollars!!

How far is the Hola from PV, it looks like the FA is about a 3.00$ cab ride but can't find info on the distance to town from the Hola.

Thanks again for any feedback!!

United States
Level Contributor
1,049 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Which Resort

The Hola is right next door to the FA. Having stayed at the FA several times I think it is far superior to Hola - much larger and nicer beach area, better pool and just overall a better property.

DeKalb, Illinois
Level Contributor
181 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Which Resort

We just returned from the FA last nite and i can not even put it into words how wonderful this place was. We upgraded to AI which ended up being an additional $15 a day per person and it was so worth it. On one of the days here i signed our bar tab and it was over $1,600 pesos. With the AI at FA room service is included in the morning and we ate every day on the balcony over looking the pool, mts. and the beach. The food was absolutely divine. There were alot of families here with kids ranging in age from babies up to teens. It was incredibly clean inside and out. Me and my sister chose this place because of the reviews and the great deal we got from Expedia ---AI, ocean front room from Chicago for $500 per person for

5 days inc. airfare. We are already making plans to go back in 9 months.