We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.
Halifax, Canada
Level Contributor
1,019 posts
17 reviews
Save Topic
Bucerias Costa Dorada

Has anyone every stayed at this place. I have eaten at Karen's there and sort of had a llok around. I have booked 2 weeks there for Dec 15-29th. any advise on this place would be appreciated

lors

Naperville, Illinois
Destination Expert
for Bucerias, Riviera Nayarit
Level Contributor
10,059 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Bucerias Costa Dorada

Hi, You will probably get some responses if you post this question on the Bucerias Forum here on the Trip Advisor. (I haven't stayed there, but I've heard good things about the property. Great location, as you know.)

San Francisco...
Destination Expert
for Sacramento, Puerto Vallarta
Level Contributor
15,939 posts
185 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Bucerias Costa Dorada

lors,

I'll be watching as to the responses because, as you, I've eaten at Karen's and the place looks lovely and a periodic opening comes up and I've been tempted. As you know, Karen's is right next to the pool at Costa Dorada and the beach. That whole area on the bottom floor is so nice and relaxing.

Would love to stay there but it would probably be for just a week. I always figure I can handle "most things" for a week but do need certain things, such as an elevator and a semi-comfortable bed. Not sure if they have those.

If you take this to the Bucerias forum, guess I'll follow you there. ;-)

Elena --- can you go check out the rooms since you're nearby a lot? They would probably be glad to give you a tour.

Naperville, Illinois
Destination Expert
for Bucerias, Riviera Nayarit
Level Contributor
10,059 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Bucerias Costa Dorada

Marly, thanks for an excellent suggestion. I'll see about looking at some of the units at the Costa Dorada when I get back to Bucerias. Can't wait to be back there!

San Francisco...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
15,939 posts
185 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Bucerias Costa Dorada

Elena....my best guess is that you're as nosy as I am (haha -- I'm very nosy, if it's convenient) --- one of the things I do when I'm in PV is wander around and check out places I might want to stay. That's usually around the hotel zone or south side.

When we were staying at Los Tules last year, we checked out Fiesta Americana next door. We also wandered around some places at the Marina and a couple of places on the south side.

When we ate at Karen's last Fall, I thought Costa Dorada was darling but didn't even think to check it out as I figured it was all private condos. There was a For Sale sign near the front and it piqued my interest, as I place I could live.

Sometime in the past few months, I see they not only have units for rent (maybe from private owners?) but they also have units available through an RCI exchange.

If you go (or if lors goes), I need to know about elevators, A/C, comfy beds and if the kitchen is mini/partial/full. I don't need fancy and have no problem staying at a place with NO kitchen, but Costa Dorada is condos so probably have some sort of kitchen. Knowing which they have helps me, as to how much to depend on cooking in the unit (which I love).

Thanks --- see you in Bucerias soon.

Edmonds, Washington
Level Contributor
685 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Bucerias Costa Dorada

I will return home from Bucerias and Costa Dorado the middle of August. Will post a TR in the Bucerias forum. :O)

Halifax, Canada
Level Contributor
1,019 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Bucerias Costa Dorada

Hi MarleySF..

this is great getting soem feedback. Correct me if I am wrong..There is also a whole unit that looks like it geoes up about 10 stories I believe a lot of these are time shares as well as rentals.

As well they have the suites with full kistchen, usually 3 bedrooms, and I think that is only 2 stories.. I believe these are the ones that are around the pool area and karen's. very quaint.

You can log onto their sites and it will show you all the units. Just click on suites, also prices for each one also, One for off seaason and another for high. We got a good deal for dec.. We got 10 nights at $94 and the last 4 at $90.

reservaciones@scostadorada.com

I can't wait..my husband just laughs at me and says its still 5 months away..hhaaaa

United States
Level Contributor
1,068 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Bucerias Costa Dorada

Costa Dorado does not have any 10 story building but next door is Brisas de Vallarta - totally different property of privately owned condos. I have been in a unit at CD and found it to be quite satisfactory - king size bed in one bedroom adequate living space...nothing fancy but great location and perfectly fine accomodations.

San Francisco...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
15,939 posts
185 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Bucerias Costa Dorada

Thanks for the clarification, luv. I didn't think that taller building was part of the same complex either so it was a little confusing.

Any comments on either an elevator at CD or how easy it might be to get something on the first floor?

lors --- will miss you by a few days. I'll be there from 11/27 to 12/10. We do the same thing here (I get excited and boyfriend doesn't react at all, until we're rushing to the airport, but we both enjoy it when we finally get there). Congrats on your booking and have a great time.

Halifax, Canada
Level Contributor
1,019 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Bucerias Costa Dorada

thanks MarleySF...I know we will have a great time...

Halifax, Canada
Level Contributor
1,019 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Bucerias Costa Dorada

Hi sunseeker...can't wait to read your review of costa dorada...want to hear everything about it..