We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tours / trips

Lancaster...
Level Contributor
103 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
Tours / trips

WE are going to PV late OCtober - can anyone suggest some decent tours to take - such as sailing / snorkel - zip line ,etc. Not interested in bus trips around town. We enjoy a smaller group and have found them by readers suggestions as these excursions are often not advertised at the resorts or on the major webpages.

Thanks for any suggestions

Superior Tours Vallarta
Private Tours, Sightseeing Tours, Taxis & Shuttles, City Tours, Cultural Tours
Laguna Hills...
Level Contributor
35 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Tours / trips

Hi,

For great ideas type the word "tours" in the search box at the top of this forum page and you will see pages and pages from people on this web site.

Have a wonderful trip! :-)

nashville
Level Contributor
122 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Tours / trips

los veranos canopy tour is a must do! also did the wildlife tour which is such an amazing experience. Click on Things to do on the left of this page. \These 2 things are in the Top 5 things to do for a reason! Dont miss!

Also, we stayed at dreams *not sure where you are staying/ and we negotiated with a boat for rent and went snorkeling at los arcos and fishing. that was so great! and an amazing price I must add!

Laguna Hills...
Level Contributor
35 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Tours / trips

Hi,

Regarding my suggestion to do the search for tours on this forum, I'm sorry I didn't realize those posts are from 2008 and before.

Harrisburg...
Level Contributor
3,317 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Tours / trips

julesmom

Still a good suggestion. Once you bring up the page, just go to the right and click on the sort by box then pick by date. That sorts everything by descending order (newest to oldest).

Bucerias, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Bucerias
Level Contributor
3,638 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Tours / trips

Definitely LOS VERANOS canopy tour. They are awesome. I've been on this tour 3 times and loved it every single time. Also the Marigalante Pirates of the Bay dinner cruise is fun. They serve you dinner, put on a show with fireworks, open bar...what more could you ask for. It is an adult show however so if you have young kids, you will probably want to do the day time tour with them instead. Also, an ATV tour might be for your liking. Lots of fun on this also. Try going to the website: www.vallartatraveladvisor.com or www.scottsbuceriastours.com. Really great website with all the tours you could thing of.

Have a great trip.

Nuevo Vallarta...
Level Contributor
783 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Tours / trips

if you are looking for tours with small groups, you can´t go wrong with sailing as sailboats can only usually hold no more than 18 passengers and as few as 6 depending on the size.

zip lining is a must and los veranos is indeed great but they do run tours with up to 50 people per tour per 10 guides approx whereas Vallarta Adventure´s Canopy and Outdoor Adventure run their tours with 6 guides per 14-15 guests giving in a smaller more one-on-one tour.

I also recommend the zoo in Mismaloya in the morning with an afternoon visit at El Eden to play in the river. They have a rope swing and a natural waterslide too. I would recommend to go there on a Monday, Friday or Saturday as Tues-Thu there are ships = more people and Sundays it´s busy too cause of the local crowd.

Lancaster...
Level Contributor
103 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Tours / trips

Hi Copper 11 ! -

THanks for the tour info. We are staying at Dreams in PV - your mention of chartering your own boat for fishing and snorkeling is just what we hoped to find - who did you arrange the charter with - do you recall the name of the boat?

Thanks for your help

Penticton, Canada
Level Contributor
1,104 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Tours / trips

Yelapa is a great place which be of interest to you.

canada
Level Contributor
486 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Tours / trips

Ive mentioned on here before about Reinhard Dressler. He took us on a private tour of 10 people and I think he has a website too. If JR sees this maybe he can post his info again.

It was by far the best tour for snorkeling Ive been on.

you will not be disappointed with Los Veranos Zip Line. It is truly a great experience.

SoCal
Level Contributor
9,572 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Tours / trips

Lots to see and do around PV, you'll find some great tips and information on this link

http://vallartainfo.com/

As well as the more popular trips it also offers some of the less touristy excursions.

http://vallartainfo.com/tours.html