We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

The Cotton House

Burnaby, Canada
Level Contributor
12,538 posts
227 reviews
Save Topic
The Cotton House

I posted this on the Bucerias Forum .. and it seems to have fallen on deaf ears -- thought I would try here as well.

I'm seeking a little current information on the 'Cotton House' (La Casa de Algodon) - the main store and factory is (or was) in Bucerias, and their outlet store is (or was) in Puerto Vallarta, on the Isla Rio Cuale when we visited it last.

I want to confirm that these stores are still there, and open for business. Can anyone help me in this regard?

We met the owners last in Nov-Dec '08, at their outlet store - I provided a review of their place and our experience after that trip, but since then, had my 'earlier' reviews removed. I have been re-submitting some of those reviews, with add-on's, along with several totally-new ones, and really do wish to put my review of the Cotton House back on TripAdvisor.

We really enjoyed our visits to that lovely little store, and much-enjoyed our conversations with the friendly, and most-accommodating owners. And the purchases made were sure liked by those who received them.

We hope we can plan to drop into the Vallarta shop during our next stay (this Nov-Dec).

Thanks for any information on this!!

Puerto Vallarta...
Level Contributor
722 posts
93 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: The Cotton House

Johnny~

If you will give me a bit more info I will check on it next week as I walk along the isla daily since it takes me where I wish to go and is my little piece of paradise in a town, no cars, buses, yells, only birds chirping and the quiet murmurs of lovers cooing on the benches! Tell me what shops it is near, which part of the isla, east of Insurgentes or west? Near a restaurant? I will come back here and let you know.

grb

Redlands, California
Level Contributor
5,127 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: The Cotton House

You're making me very jealous, Gary!

Langley BC
Level Contributor
1,341 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: The Cotton House

Johnny, the outlet store was still there in May...

Burnaby, Canada
Level Contributor
12,538 posts
227 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: The Cotton House

homeinlangley ... thanks for that!!

gary .. thanks for the offer!! It's just east of the Insurgentes bridge, and almost directly across from La Bisro Restaurant.

Gracias!!

Burnaby, Canada
Level Contributor
12,538 posts
227 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: The Cotton House

pardon the typo .. across from La Bistro Restaurant.

Mexico
Level Contributor
61 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: The Cotton House

I strolled past The Cotton House Factory Store today. They are open for business. It is easy to see why you like this place. I was impressed with the quality of their cotton goods.

Burnaby, Canada
Level Contributor
12,538 posts
227 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: The Cotton House

cobblestoned ... thanks for that news - much-appreciated!!

illinois
Level Contributor
553 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: The Cotton House

Very neat and small place on the island. We found it last Nov. as we walked up the island from the beach where the river hit the ocean. We were there mostly to cool off from the mid-day sun on our second day. They had all these great home spun cotton products which my wife said would be good gifts. Of course I said wait until the end of the trip to see what else looks good. Long story short we were back there the last day on our trip to load up on some table runners etc. Hope it is still there this Nov.

Puerto Vallarta...
Level Contributor
722 posts
93 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: The Cotton House

Yes, Johnny, I walked by yesterday around 3PM and they were open. The reason I did not know the place is that it's on the side walk area and I blitz sraight ahead past Le B to Insurgentes.

San Francisco...
Destination Expert
for Sacramento, Puerto Vallarta
Level Contributor
15,695 posts
183 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: The Cotton House

Casa de Algodon sounds intriguing. Would you all who have been there be so kind to mention details of what is available?

All I discern so far (here) is table runners. Johnny --- if you review it, can you tell us what the product line is? I don't need table runners at the moment but there must be much more. I want to add it to my list.

Thanks.