We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Dreams Restaurants

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
990 posts
32 reviews
Save Topic
Dreams Restaurants

We will be there in 2 weeks and wondering about the restaurants and reservations. I looked on the website and noticed that some are closed on certain days. How does this resort work as far as restaurant reservations? Do you make your reservations the morning of or can you make all reservations for your stay at once?

I emailed Dreams re: another question/request and did not hear back so hoping somebody on the forum can answer this question. We will only be there for 5 nights so want to make the most of the dining/dinner options.

Thanks!

Buffalo, New York
Destination Expert
for Buffalo
Level Contributor
960 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Dreams Restaurants

Although we havent been yet - 39 more long days till dreams - but from what others have posted re: the restaurants they do not take reservations. They give you a beeper and will beep you when a table is ready while you are enjoying cocktails at the bar.

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
266 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Dreams Restaurants

jm is correct, no reservations required. Just show up, if they are full you will get a pager, go to the bar, get a cold drink, the wait will not be long.

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
990 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Dreams Restaurants

Ok... that sounds good, thank you.

One more thing... we have never been to an AI that has 24 hour room service. How does this work? Are you able to order any meal and have it brought to your room?

Thanks again!

Nashville, Tennessee
Level Contributor
4,985 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Dreams Restaurants

They have a limited room service menu. My personal opinion, but I though the room service food was terrible. We tried to find something good and it was all awful. Don't even try the nachos. Yikes. But the rest of the food at the restaurants was very good.

A little piece of advice. While the food at the restaurants there is good, do try to get out into town for a few meals. The food at Dreams is really catered towards a rather bland palate and there are some absolutely amazing restaurants in PV. We loved Dreams, but also loved eating in town rather than at Dreams. This is why we decided to stay in town at a non-AI this time. So we could experience more of what PV has to offer.

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
990 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Dreams Restaurants

FitzLA,

Thanks... yes, we plan on spending 1 day in town exploring, eating and so on. In reading I have found that PV has some great restaurants so we will enjoy that. We are just there for 5 nights and it's more of a relax getaway so other than town we plan on going to the zoo and walk Malecon. Is Malecon part of town? When everyone speaks of town is this Old Town?

The plan is to get out 2 of our 6 days... explore and experience as this will be our first trip to Mexico.

SoCal
Level Contributor
9,433 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Dreams Restaurants

The Malecón is in El Centro (downtown) see map.

http://vallartainfo.com/downtown.html

Hit the move down button to see the south side, also known as Old Town which never made a lot of sense since El Centro is much older than the area south of the river.

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
990 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Dreams Restaurants

Thank you for the map/site.

So much info. and now I can understand the layout which helps. Looks like we will be doing a lot of walking when in town:)

Thank you!

Puerto Vallarta...
Destination Expert
for Sedona
Level Contributor
937 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Dreams Restaurants

As stated there are no reservations required at any restaurant. We have been to Dreams 10 times and are returning on December 8 - 18th.

The food is wonderful, with many choices. My husband and I only dislike the Mexican restaurant.(also some do like it) Read the Dreams PV reviews and you will find most everyone loves the food.

Have a great time.

victoria
Level Contributor
223 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Dreams Restaurants

i disliked the italian, its the only restaurant that is not open air and on the beach. No reservations and i never once in 2 weeks had to wait. Every morning a sheet is slid under your door, that tells you what restaurants are open when, drink of the day, scheduled activities etc.

Nashville, Tennessee
Level Contributor
4,985 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Dreams Restaurants

I never said the food was bad, just nothing special. Pretty basic and not really conducive to the PV culinary experience.