We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Puerto Vallarta with kids, age 9 & 7

Lacombe, Canada
Level Contributor
252 posts
105 reviews
Save Topic
Puerto Vallarta with kids, age 9 & 7

Hey all! We just booked for Nov 5 - 12 to Crown Paradise Club with our kids. We are super excited. My husband and I have traveled on a number of AI trips, but never brought our children.

Any ideas of excursions that would be good for us to do with them? We are thinking of the pirate ship breakfast tour and maybe the eco sea turtle release. We would like to do a half day tour of sorts (we usually do a tour to get a feel for the countryside, etc.), but not sure what to book. Any suggestions welcome.

Can't wait to hit the beach with a book and see a new part of Mexico! Only 39 sleeps ;)

Chicago
Destination Expert
for Puerto Vallarta, Nuevo Vallarta
Level Contributor
8,729 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Puerto Vallarta with kids, age 9 & 7

I think you will have a great time at the Crown Paradise and in PV. From the Crown, you will be able to see the cruise ships come in and out.

I have seen many people write that the daytime pirate ship is great for kids.

As you stand on the beach facing the water, to your left will be the Golden Crown which is the adult only sister resort of Crown Paradise. Walk towards the Golden and just past their pool (next to the pool bar), you will see a small fenced in area. This is the turtle hatchery for this section of beach. After a turtle comes ashore (and they do by these resorts) staff will carefully dig up the eggs (from 80 to 100) and rebury them in the hatchery. There will be a stake marking each group which will tell how many eggs & date layed. Each hotel then takes turns doing a release. Ask Rachael (head of the Crown's activities staff) to let you know about any releases.

We are heading back to the Golden for 2 weeks in 23 more days. We have used the Crown facilities often so I know you will have a good stay.

Any other questions, just ask.

So Cal
Level Contributor
7,652 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Puerto Vallarta with kids, age 9 & 7

Kids love the malecon at night with all the entertainment. The zoo is also a great experience for them, it is not the same as the zoos you usually go to. They have the opportunity to hold and feed the baby animals. You could also take the bus up north for a beach day at Sayulita. Market day in La Penita is also a good experience in the local culture. La Penita is accessible by bus also.

Brampton, Canada
Level Contributor
74 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Puerto Vallarta with kids, age 9 & 7

I highly recommend the Pirate ship. Although my kids are only 4 and 6 they loved it and can't wait to go back next year at which point my son will be 7. I should add that my 77 year old mother and my husband and I also really enjoyed it so it's a great trip for the whole family.

Puerto Vallarta...
Level Contributor
28,777 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Puerto Vallarta with kids, age 9 & 7

They are both old enough to do the Los Veranos Canopy Tour. After the tour, there are all sorts of animals there they can interact with.

Puerto Vallarta...
Level Contributor
12,329 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Puerto Vallarta with kids, age 9 & 7

We recently had two kids here for 6 weeks: (ages 10 and 8). A few things they enjoyed which I didn't see mentioned above are:

1) the Unique ATV tour up the Rio Cuale which stops at Restaurant Moro. The kids really like the food and atmosphere at Moro (they were there twice).

2) riding the buses.

3) Cafe Roma. It's in a very pretty location, the owners and wait staff are very friendly and the menu is a hit with kids that age. (They were there at least 3 times). For reference, it's not open Sundays.

Sacramento...
Level Contributor
435 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Puerto Vallarta with kids, age 9 & 7

I second Los Veranos canopy tour, if your kids are adventurous, they will love this. I have a picture of myself in the cage with the monkeys after the tour, I loved that I got to go in with the monkeys what a cool experience! Also the Zoo, the zoo is lots of fun, be sure to buy bags of food at the front so the kids can feed the animals, that makes for a fun and unique experience. How many kids can say they've fed a giraffe or a camel? Very cool, I love that zoo!

calgary
Level Contributor
400 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Puerto Vallarta with kids, age 9 & 7

aquaventuras.com the water park and swim with the dolphins or sea lions are a great way to spend the day.they have food and drinks for purchase as well.

Lacombe, Canada
Level Contributor
252 posts
105 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Puerto Vallarta with kids, age 9 & 7

Awesome! Thanks so much for your information. I am glad to hear such positive things about the resorts and about the turtles. I am sure my kids will love that!

Lacombe, Canada
Level Contributor
252 posts
105 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Puerto Vallarta with kids, age 9 & 7

I really appreciate all the feedback!! The zoo sounds great as does the Atv tour. What is a canopy tour exactly? Is it like a day trip through the countryside or something different! I love these forums - so much great info!

Puerto Vallarta...
Level Contributor
28,777 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Puerto Vallarta with kids, age 9 & 7

On a canopy tour you glide on 'Zip Lines' up in the canopy of the jungle, at Los Veranos you go from one side of the river valley to the other. Try Google, enter Canopy Tour.