We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Lindo Mar

Which Puerto Vallarta hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Freeport, New York
Level Contributor
167 posts
44 reviews
Save Topic
Lindo Mar

Saturday morning we ate breakfast at Lindo Mar. The breakfast was great. I had waffles with strawberries & bananas, and my boyfriend had steak and eggs. The sweet rolls were good too.

Sunday afternoon, we decided to try Lindo Mar again since we were staying so close; only a 5 minute walk, and we didn't really feel like venturing back into town. What a big mistake! The food was not good at all. Plus, there was hair and something else in my boyfriends food. He had La Playita Mariscos. My shrimp tacos were gritty & tasteless. The only good thing was the margarita, whch was strong.

castlegar BC
Level Contributor
500 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Lindo Mar

MsSultry....hello from BC. I had the same experience, very poor food but when i said that here, most disagreed, so i just didnt want you to feel alone but i can tell you, wont go back there.

Great Neck, NY
Level Contributor
4,120 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Lindo Mar

Just another one wanting you to not feel alone in your feelings - i'm getting the impression, that while La Playita's breakfast is well-liked, other meals not so much - don't everyone pounce on me please - it's just my opinion - i had the "vallarta's best tortilla soup" for lunch & it was pretty much inedible -

Puerto Vallarta
Level Contributor
10,893 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Lindo Mar

I've always thought the location is better than the food although I have had awesome breakfasts there in the past. The key is to never go there for ala cart breakfast on the weekend as that is when they are packed for the brunch buffet.

Puerto Vallarta...
Level Contributor
12,202 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Lindo Mar

We were there for lunch on a weekday in early September, and thought it was fine for a quick lunch. Our expectations weren't high (ordinary is ok) and we liked the price. Considering the view, 200 pesos with a beer and a lemonade, some tacos (I forget what else) didn';t seem bad. I had basically the same thing as I had at El Barracuda and, for what I had, I thought the quality was similar.

I do remember years ago being unthrilled with the Sunday brunch though. But that was 5 years ago.

Lewiston, California
Level Contributor
9,609 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Lindo Mar

Been a couple of years but never had a terrible meal nor a outstanding one. However as it is my favorite beach with virtually no Peddlers it is worth it.

Langley BC
Level Contributor
1,341 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Lindo Mar

the food isn't spectacular, but I have always found it to be reasonable quality for the $$$ paid. I do like the ala carte breakfast the best and I'm not keen on buffets at the best of times. The ala carte menu is not available for breakfast or lunch when the Sat/Sun brunch is in effect. I wouldn't be too happy to find 'foreign" objects in my food either. We stay at Lindo Mar regularly and usually go elsewhere for meals at nite and on weekends unless my SO has caught a fish; the kitchen will then prepare it for him.

California
Level Contributor
101 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Lindo Mar

We had the buffet on Sunday the 25th and lunch with a group of 8 Thursday. The buffet was very good, not great. But considering the price I would give it a 10. The lunch was also very good. Of the 8 of us, all liked it.

Bardonia new york
Level Contributor
1,917 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Lindo Mar

we stayed at the Lindo Mar 2 years ago and thought the food was good for the price...I did not think you could order ala carte when they had the brunch...for the price the brunch is okay but the man frying the eggs was so slow .....the best brunch in town is the Sheraton...that Sunday brunch is fantastic

Freeport, New York
Level Contributor
167 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Lindo Mar

FOr breakfast or lunch, we didn't even bother to go back. We did hae a gret breakfast at Fredy's Tucan and a good lunch at L Palapa.

BEST dinner overall was with Bruce at Teatro Limon

Burnaby, Canada
Level Contributor
12,461 posts
202 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Lindo Mar

JoanL ... I (we) have never done Sunday brunch at the Sheraton, but have always heard good things about it.

Can you recall the price when you were there last? And is it still as popular as ever - meaning one should get there 'early', etc?

Gracias!!