We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Asking for advice on a resort for first timers

Level Contributor
435 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
Asking for advice on a resort for first timers

My wife and I are in our late 40's and are coming to PV soon and are looking for advice on a resort. We enjoy all-inclusives but are not necessarily looking for a party atmosphere. Something a little more romantic, maybe adults only or at least a little quieter. We would like to be on the beach Something that is an easy trip to and from the airport. It would also be nice to have drinks and or dine and watch the sunset each night as well. Thanks for your help.

reno
Level Contributor
132 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Asking for advice on a resort for first timers

Look at the reviews for Dreams PV NOT Nuevo Vallarta- they have a resort in both places. I did a review a couple days ago. We are around the same age and were looking for the same thing. Can't say enough good things.

Vancouver, B.C.
Level Contributor
3,119 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Asking for advice on a resort for first timers

You might like a property like the Marival Grand in Neuvo Vallarta (Vallarta Nayarit). It has great a-la-carte restaurants, the M & M bar has a piano player that plays while you have a pre-dinner cocktail and watch the sunset. Check out the reviews and traveler photos to see what I mean. It has an adult only pool that is very nice and quiet. You are a long distance from PV city center, but fairly close to Bucerias.

West Palm Beach...
Level Contributor
1,155 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Asking for advice on a resort for first timers

You might consider the Villa Premiere, a boutique adults only hotel, not a party atmosphere, and walking distance to town for those times you wish to venture out and enjoy the wonderful shops, restaurants and atmosphere that is Puerto Vallarta. The VP has an optional all-inclusive, so you have that choice. When I was there, most of the guests were in your age range, but there were a few young honeymooners, and can definitely be romantic. :-)

I would highly recommed taking a walk to the south side where you can enjoy many of the beachside establishments for drinks, dining and watching the sunset.

Phoenix, Arizona
Level Contributor
1,305 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Asking for advice on a resort for first timers

The Golden Crown Paradise is an excellent adults only all inclusive. As a soon to be 9 time 'repeater' I highly recommend this resort.

Minneapolis...
Destination Expert
for Puerto Vallarta
Level Contributor
5,221 posts
151 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Asking for advice on a resort for first timers

I also would recommend the three listed above, but keep in mind out of the three, Dreams does accept children - the other two are adults only. Dreams is the furthest away from the airport and Golden Crown Paradise is the closest - Villa Premiere is in the hotel zone, but you are close enough to downtown that you can walk. You may want to read some of the reviews and look at the pics that TA members have posted and see which you like best. There are a couple other places that are adults only but the two I am thinking of are not on a beach.

Good luck and have a great trip - PV is so magical!!

6. Re: Asking for advice on a resort for first timers

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 April 2010, 06:18