We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

cell phone texting in mexico

Level Contributor
10 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
cell phone texting in mexico

has anyone used their cell phone to text to the USA? Do you even get reception in PV? We have US Celluar and I was just wondering what the cost was for texting via US to PV and vice versa. The rep at US Celluar wasn't very knowledgeable. Thanks.

Level Contributor
1,296 posts
80 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: cell phone texting in mexico

Well unless something recently has changed US Cellular does not work in PV. I know it didnt work in March when I was there. Good luck.

Los Gatos...
Level Contributor
770 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: cell phone texting in mexico

I have verizon wireless and it works, however I bought an unlocked cell phone that works worldwide and I just put a local sim card in. The best people to ask is US cellular.

Twin Bridges...
Level Contributor
1,441 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: cell phone texting in mexico

I have an Iphone and AT&T and the week my grandson used texting to keep in touch with the girlfriend was over $250.00. So next trip he used the internet feature which cost nothing. So unless you have a really good texting plan with international coverage, maybe I would look for alternative solutions, like the ones suggested above.

Still have questions?Post your own question so other travellers can help.
Ask a question
Level Contributor
858 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: cell phone texting in mexico

I have Verizon and text all over Mexico. It cost 20 cents a text.

5. Re: cell phone texting in mexico

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 May 2010, 06:15