We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Dreams PV Music?

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
338 posts
15 reviews
Save Topic
Dreams PV Music?

Hey all.....we will be @ Dreams PV in 10 days. We normally bring our ipod and some portable speakers for the beach. I am wondering if Dreams has music playing out near the pool and beach. If so, how loud, what kind or music, is it everyday etc?

Thanks guys!!

Hockeytown USA
Level Contributor
738 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Dreams PV Music?

They do have the standard techno music by the pool. It's not too loud usually. I've never heard any music on the beach.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
338 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Dreams PV Music?

ok..thnx!

Nashville, Tennessee
Level Contributor
4,991 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Dreams PV Music?

When we were there, they had dance/techno/pop by the main pool, and the adults pool was playing more classic rock.

Puerto Vallarta...
Destination Expert
for Sedona
Level Contributor
945 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Dreams PV Music?

We now sit on the beach..There is no music but the sound of the waves. Which is what we go for.

Saskatoon, Canada
Level Contributor
178 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Dreams PV Music?

I too will be at dreams pv soon. I am going for the sound of the waves, birds, etc. Many people will not want to sit on the beach and listen to your music. Please respect that. The beach is there for everyone's enjoyment. Please don't assume that your ipod & portable speakers will make my holiday any better.

Calgary
Level Contributor
31 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Dreams PV Music?

I like listening to music on the beach, depending on what the music is of course. Last time I was there Jose had a CD player and played his own tunes at the beach bar near the preferred tower. I would maybe check with your neighbors on the beach to see if they are OK with your tunes beforehand. We leave for Dreams within the next few weeks. I am super excited!

Puerto Vallarta...
Destination Expert
for Sedona
Level Contributor
945 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Dreams PV Music?

I agree with PPM931. Please sit away from others on beach with your music. We love music but not on the beach.

Shawnigan Lake...
Level Contributor
5,478 posts
117 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Dreams PV Music?

They were playing what Fitz said this past Feb, not too loud through which is great and I agree with the others....If you were sitting close beside me at the beach/pool and your music was interferring with my beach/pool time I would have the music shut down faster then you would know it. Truly the music there is fine and I wouldn't bring my own.

That said, have you emailed them and asked them if they mind that you do so???

Saskatoon, Canada
Level Contributor
178 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Dreams PV Music?

I guess the common factor in all this is respect. You have paid for the right to enjoy your visit to paradise and so have I. You have your private space (your room/suite) for activities that interfere with my enjoyment, and so do I. Did you know that there are between 500 and 600 registered genres of music, and more than 20,000 unregistered ones. Wow. What are the chances that your taste matches mine matches his, etc.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
338 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Dreams PV Music?

Point made......I will leave it at home.