We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

El Torito Sports Bar

wisconsin
Level Contributor
132 posts
87 reviews
Save Topic
El Torito Sports Bar

Wondering if anyone has had problems with this place. We believe our waiter turned his back w/ our money, pocketed one bill and then told us we didn't pay enough.

We then heard stories about how they pad the bill and stuff like that. I'm wondering if anyone has had any first hand experience with this place. I don't think we'll be going back. Guess we'll watch the games elsewhere, although their ribs are really good.

SoCal
Level Contributor
9,516 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: El Torito Sports Bar

We've been there many times with no problems, except that it can get very crowded and loud if there is a major sporting event.

Being a waiter is a good job in a tourist town, you won't last very long if you get a reputation for ripping folks off.

Los Gatos...
Level Contributor
770 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: El Torito Sports Bar

I was there in the summer watching the US v Mexico soccer game. It was my first time there and we had a great time. It was packed and full of atmosphere. The food was great also and very reasonably priced. I would definitely go back.

Naperville, Illinois
Destination Expert
for Bucerias, Riviera Nayarit
Level Contributor
9,982 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: El Torito Sports Bar

I went to El Torito a few weeks ago for ribs in the afternoon with a group of about 15. Didn't have a problem with my bill, but we all had separate checks. Great meal, and on Monday through Friday from 2:00 to 4:00, the barbecued rib dinners are 2X1, $130 pesos. Can't beat the price; about $6.00 USD per person. Since I was by myself, I had one dinner there and took the other one home. Whyme, I hope it was an isolated incident with your check.

4. Re: El Torito Sports Bar

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 08 January 2010, 17:05
Seattle
Level Contributor
44,597 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: El Torito Sports Bar

I have eaten there quite often with no money problems. I did notice they sometimes have issues with accepting credit cards, or not. One trip they accepted a Visa, then 2 days later had signs up saying no charge cards.

This problem sounds more like that one particular waiter was "freelancing" rather than an issue with the restaurant itself. -suze

Vancouver BC
Destination Expert
for Vancouver
Level Contributor
9,194 posts
188 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: El Torito Sports Bar

Current sign says no Amex cards. Had a few multi-beer nights and their count was accurate. Great ribs. Used VISA.

Minneapolis...
Level Contributor
1,674 posts
1,070 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: El Torito Sports Bar

Ate dinner there New Year's Eve. The waiter must have forgotten to put in our order and after close to an hour he realized it and put the order in. He gave us each a small drink to compensate for the mistake. The ribs were good, but the ones at the Brasil Steak House were better. He could not run the Visa, we had to go to the counter to do it. They do accept credit cards, but the waiter could not process it himself.

Comox BC
Level Contributor
1,020 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: El Torito Sports Bar

We were there last year in Feb. No problems I can recall with the bill but the place was mostly empty, the service was pretty bad and - in our opinion - the ribs nothing to write home about. We do BBQ ribs quite often at home and we like what we make so perhaps we have a 'criteria' for ribs that others may not have. Won't be rushing back though. Too many spots we haven't been yet.

Ciao Holly

Wisconsin
Level Contributor
596 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: El Torito Sports Bar

The wife and I have visited El Toritos alot in the last 25 years and never had any serious issues there. The worst thing that happened was a waiter spilled a whole big fresh rita on my sister by accident. We really felt bad for the rita and got a couple quality up grade ritas on the house. Yes, the food is great and the prices are reasonable. If there is a big sporting event going on the place can turn into a zoo. But that makes for some great people watching and or converstaions. I personally feel a visit to PVR is not complete unless you check out El Toritos at least one time and take in it's form of PVR charm and

ENJOYMENT

10. Re: El Torito Sports Bar

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 July 2010, 07:17