We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

water taxi

Which Puerto Vallarta hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
kelowna bc
Level Contributor
214 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
water taxi

hi we are going dec 4 with kids and heard that there is a water taxi near by we are staying at the allegro can someone comment about the water taxi or bus to get to downtown thanks

Calgary
Destination Expert
for Nuevo Vallarta
Level Contributor
1,711 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: water taxi

Water Taxi: When you leave your hotel, go across the street and turn right. Walk past the Paradise Village Mall to the marina entrance, where you can find information about schedules & pricing. My recollection is that it was expensive enough that you might want to do it once for the ride and view, but you shouldn't plan on using it as a regular form of transport.

Taxi: Taxis are plentiful, and quite cost-effective for a group. If you are more than 4 people, you will need two taxis because they're not that big. Taxi vans can be difficult to find once you're away from the airport.

Calgary
Destination Expert
for Nuevo Vallarta
Level Contributor
1,711 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: water taxi

p.s. - since the Allegro is located in Nuevo Vallarta, you might have better luck if you post on that forum:

tripadvisor.com/ShowForum-g154267-i323-Nuevo…

wildrose wisconsin
Level Contributor
712 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: water taxi

were staying in the marina area at the embarcadero can we take a water taxi to town? would much rather ba on the water than in taxi or bus. we love the water! even if it costs more. the marina by paradise village is different than the marina area were in right? we walked to paradise from the marival so do not think it is the same. thanks twinner

Puerto Vallarta...
Level Contributor
28,777 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: water taxi

There's one water taxi from the Puerto Vallarta Marina to Yelapa, the Carey at 9:30am, stops at Los Muertos at 10am.,

BC, Canada
Level Contributor
185 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: water taxi

Hi,

As one poster has suggested, wud not make the water taxi my main means of transportation. A return trip is approx. $25 per person. It is fun to do once and personally would only recommend one way. (Wait for a calm day. It's a small open boat and the trip was longer than I expected.) The last time I took it the pier in old town was pretty rough, so if anyone with you has mobility problems, I would not recommend it. However, if you do take it, the fun part is that it drops you in old town so it's a great place to explore from.

The buses from NV - PV are about $2/person into the hotel zone and another 60 cents gets you into Old Town. (Sorry I have a poor memory for exact #'s!) Considering how many there are of you a cab (small van) is probably the best bet. The rates will be available at your hotel.

6. Re: water taxi

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 May 2010, 05:28