We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Count down is on!!! Dec 7 - 14

Which Puerto Vallarta hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
New Hamburg, Canada
Level Contributor
140 posts
37 reviews
Save Topic
Count down is on!!! Dec 7 - 14

Dreams here we come! First time staying in Old PV. We normally stay in NV but looking forward to being near downtown. We want to have a couple nice dinners in PV and had heard of a good restaurant that looks down over the town and bay. Can anyone tell me the name or direct me to a nice restaurant?

tpal

Tonawanda, New York
Level Contributor
1,371 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Count down is on!!! Dec 7 - 14

The restaurant at Casa Isabel, Madison North, has a great view of town and the bay and the food is great! Near by is the Vista Grill, same view also great food but much more expensive. El Panorama has a great view, have not eaten there in a couple years so I don't know how the food is.

Minneapolis...
Destination Expert
for Puerto Vallarta
Level Contributor
5,168 posts
145 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Count down is on!!! Dec 7 - 14

Great suggestions so far....but I will also add Las Carmelitas and Barcelona Tapas (BT being one of my favorite restaurants in PV).

Enjoy your trip~

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
26,217 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Count down is on!!! Dec 7 - 14

El Palomar de los Gonzales has a pretty nice view too, in the same general vicinity as VS and Madison South. I also like the view from La Playita at the Lindo Mar...a little closer to earth but such a nice setting.

tpal - Dreams PV is just slightly south of town, maybe a five minute taxi to PV proper and the south side so you're not far. Has one of the best beaches in the bay too.

New Hamburg, Canada
Level Contributor
140 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Count down is on!!! Dec 7 - 14

Wow! Thanks for your input - maybe we will have to try them all. We have been travelling to PV for nearly 14 years and only last year we travelled into PV as we normally stayed in NV and headed to Punta Mita for our day trips -have we ever been missing out! In February we were at the Rio Palace and ventured into PV and had the best time of any vacation.

We are excited to stay at Dreams; we have heard such positive reports on the resort. Also looking forward to seeing the Mexico Christmas culture we normally vacation in NV in November and again in February.

Again thank you so much!!

tpal

Puerto Vallarta...
Destination Expert
for Sedona
Level Contributor
936 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Count down is on!!! Dec 7 - 14

My hubby and I will be at Dreams the same time Dec 7-17. I have a broken knee and will be walking with a brace and cane if you would like to say Hi.

New Hamburg, Canada
Level Contributor
140 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Count down is on!!! Dec 7 - 14

Will definitely say Hi! We will watch for you - see you next week

Puerto Vallarta...
Destination Expert
for Sedona
Level Contributor
936 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Count down is on!!! Dec 7 - 14

Great. See you soon

Coeur d'alene, Idaho
Level Contributor
171 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Count down is on!!! Dec 7 - 14

OMG! The food is so good at Dreams I can't imagine eating anywhere else we can't wait to get back....will be there Dec. 15-22.

Wisconsin
Level Contributor
340 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Count down is on!!! Dec 7 - 14

Be sure to check out the street festivals, parades and the processions during the Our Lady of Guadalupe Festival that runs from Dec1 thru 12. Last year we rented a house next door to the Dreams and the parade floats came right down the road in front.. you can check out my photos on my profile to see some festival photos. Enjoy...

We leave tonight for GCP!!!

10. Re: Count down is on!!! Dec 7 - 14

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 June 2010, 05:19