We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Airport Taxi FAQ updated (same fares). Also, carts now.

Which Puerto Vallarta hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Puerto Vallarta...
Level Contributor
12,235 posts
65 reviews
Save Topic
Airport Taxi FAQ updated (same fares). Also, carts now.

The fares are unchanged. I just made a couple of minor changes, summarized below.

1) " fares effective as of Dec. 30th, 2009)"

2) There are carts available in the baggage claim area. (For your interest, they now have two lines to go through Customs.. One for people without carts. The sign says "People without carts, 1 or 2 bags per person" and another line ¨"for those with carts". Not exact wording).

3) The Porters are waiting just outside the Customs area, before the Timeshare area. They are not Timeshare employees.

3) There are 3 competing Airport Taxi Companies. So it´s best to check more than one booth (Though, I´ve noticed lately that they now all seem to be charging the same fares. But, who knows, so it´s always best to check).

Also, if anyone goes to a hotel not listed, or takes an airport taxi to someplace outside the zones (bought at the booths, not across the street. White cabs, not yellow) please add it to the page, or send me a PM and I´ll add it. For example, I don´t know what they would charge to go to eg., Rancho Banderas or Sayulita or San Pancho, Boca de Tomatlán, El Tuito etc. Gracias and thanks.

Happy Travels and a very Happy New Year to everyone!

¡Buen Viaje y Prospero Año Nuevo a Todos!

Edited: 31 December 2009, 16:08
Keswick, Canada
Level Contributor
834 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Airport Taxi FAQ updated (same fares). Also, carts now.

Thanks for your update Libby. I will use the updated info on my arrival on the 22nd of Jan. Gracias mi amiga!!!!

Riviera Nayarit...
Destination Expert
for Bucerias, Riviera Nayarit
Level Contributor
9,755 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Airport Taxi FAQ updated (same fares). Also, carts now.

I went to the airport last Saturday to meet a friend's plane, and was pleasantly surprised to see the carts. Yay!

Shawnigan Lake...
Level Contributor
5,431 posts
114 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Airport Taxi FAQ updated (same fares). Also, carts now.

Thanks for the update :)

Nice to hear about the carts!!!

Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
42 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Airport Taxi FAQ updated (same fares). Also, carts now.

Thanks for staying on top of it! It really helps us newbees coming into town for the first time.

Hey BTW, when tipping the drivers should I use dollars, or pesos? Same for the other services?

Wi
Level Contributor
1,294 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Airport Taxi FAQ updated (same fares). Also, carts now.

WOW...Carts....better late than never. thanks for the updates LIbby. Wonderluster- When you are in PV it is best to use their currency so Peso's are the best bet. YES they will take dollars but they cant pay there bills in dollars and it is not easy for them to exchange them into pesos. Have a great trip.

utah
Level Contributor
5 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Airport Taxi FAQ updated (same fares). Also, carts now.

Any idea what the fare would be for 6 to Dreams?

Wi
Level Contributor
1,294 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Airport Taxi FAQ updated (same fares). Also, carts now.

Gzwahlen- Dreams is in Zone 2 and provided your party of six could fit in a van with luggage you can expect to pay about 473 peso's. Have a great trip.

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
26,031 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Airport Taxi FAQ updated (same fares). Also, carts now.

If planning to pay your airport taxi fare in USD you will receive a standard 10 to 1 rate exchange - so you'll pay about 30% more than you would if you use pesos, as the real rate is around 13 to 1 right now.

There are ATMs and an exchange booth in the airport if you need them (although the exchange booth is not a good rate compared to town or the ATM). Or I might also recommend bringing enough pesos with you to get through the first day for taxis, tipping, etc.

Edited: 02 January 2010, 20:14
Toronto
Level Contributor
942 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Airport Taxi FAQ updated (same fares). Also, carts now.

Forgive me if I seem a little lost, but what is the big deal about carts? Most suitcases have wheels on them these days and the PVR airport is small anyway. Am I missing something here?

Toronto/PV
Level Contributor
297 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Airport Taxi FAQ updated (same fares). Also, carts now.

wonderful news Lib! when we arrived in Nov. with 2 huge cat crates, husband in a wheelchair, lots of luggage without wheels (we assumed we

could always get a porter) .... not any more inside by luggage pickup.

So this is very good news.