We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Safe walking at night to Casa Isabel?

Washington
Level Contributor
16 posts
Save Topic
Safe walking at night to Casa Isabel?

My husband and I will be staying at Casa Isabel, we have stayed 3 other times, we are walkers so have always walked back in the late hours. Last time did feel a little unsettling on the stair case as you climb the hill before you get to the Casa, homeless person sleeping there nightly, but felt he was probably harmless. Wondering others opinions?

Comox BC
Level Contributor
1,037 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Safe walking at night to Casa Isabel?

Always follow your instincts. It may be just fine but if your tummy tells you its not comfy then just get a cab. Applies in Mex or USofA or Canada or . . .

Puerto Vallarta...
Level Contributor
12,508 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Safe walking at night to Casa Isabel?

Homeless people sleeping in streets isn't something I usually feel uncomfortable about because the poor souls are often passed out and they wouldn't be able to do any harm (this applies to any city). I

I'm not really sure what you're asking. If you're asking if it's a safe area, I've heard nothing to the contrary. I can't give a first hand opinion beccause I'm one worse than Freeeye in that in addition to stairs, I have difficulty with my ankle turning over on cobblestones so I only do them in the day light. We always drive to Casa Isabel. If we stay there I might walk during daytime, but I'd take a cab back.

Anyway, if you're concerned ask Isabel or Tony the Manager or some of the staff. They can also advise you.

Poland, Ohio
Level Contributor
8,691 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Safe walking at night to Casa Isabel?

freeeye---you are not a short fat hunchback!!!! but you are insane--lol

Seattle
Level Contributor
44,874 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Safe walking at night to Casa Isabel?

I don't know this particular walk, but generally speaking at night, as mentioned above, I also walk on the streets, if available, rather than taking a shortcut on footpath or stairs.

Puerto Vallarta...
Level Contributor
28,777 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Safe walking at night to Casa Isabel?

They are not 'homeless' they are passed out drunk, a tradition on Fridays and Saturdays. LOL. I don't believe we have any 'homeless' the family tradition is far too strong here for that.

I've known Isabel for about 8 years and it's not because of that, that I continually recommend the place, it's because it's a truly great boutique hotel.

Edited: 10 January 2010, 20:10
Washington
Level Contributor
16 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Safe walking at night to Casa Isabel?

Thanks for the responses, we will probably keep walking up the hill at night, love the exercise to burn off all the fabulous food and margaritas we consume! Freeeye, I hope they don't build a 50 story tower in Puerto Vallarta, I am afraid it would take away from the charm and personality of the area. We absolutely love staying at Casa Isabel and recommend it to all of our friends.

Poland, Ohio
Level Contributor
8,691 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Safe walking at night to Casa Isabel?

yeah freeeye---they already have a beast that they built.

8. Re: Safe walking at night to Casa Isabel?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 July 2010, 06:19