We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Nuevo area vs Marina area

unknown
Level Contributor
121 posts
Save Topic
Nuevo area vs Marina area

Can someone give me a comparison of these two areas. I would like to stay in Nuevo but my hotel is in the marina area.

B.C.Canada
Destination Expert
for Riviera Nayarit
Level Contributor
12,596 posts
133 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Nuevo area vs Marina area

We had stayed in both areas. Depending on what Resort you are staying at,?? we found that the Marina beaches are Not as nice as Nuevo, due to oil slick from boats and and ships.and tend to be more rocky. There is a nice boardwalk and shops around the Marina and bus easy to get to down town.

Cheers.

Puerto Vallarta...
Level Contributor
12,943 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Nuevo area vs Marina area

If you just want to lie on a beach and relax at your Resort, Nuevo is better, but if you're at all interested in shopping, sight-seeing,you're 16 miles (app.), 40 minutes and about $20 US/200 pesos from Puerto Vallarta itself. At the Marina, you're a short cab ride or bus away (as was said).

Mentioned in this post
Puerto Vallarta
Puerto Vallarta
Jalisco, Mexico
unknown
Level Contributor
121 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Nuevo area vs Marina area

I'm thinking I'm going to book at the Velas Vallarta, I wanted a nice hotel, good food, lush grounds, nice pools. I was going to Cancun before Wilma hit. I know PV isn't Cancun but from what I read Nuevo would be the better to place to go if I had my heart set on Cancun. Problem being Velas Vallarta is in the Marina area. So I guess I'm wondering if the Marina area is as nice as it is in Nuevo.

Mentioned in this post
Velas Vallarta
Velas Vallarta
3,884 Reviews
Puerto Vallarta, Mexico
Cancun
Cancun
Quintana Roo, Mexico
unknown
Level Contributor
121 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Nuevo area vs Marina area

Careyeroslib

Thanks, that is what I want to do - lay on the beach. So will I be disappointed with the Marina area. Is it as new as Nuevo?

United States
Level Contributor
1,091 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Nuevo area vs Marina area

We stayed at Velas last winter, loved the resort and also thought it was a really good area to stay in vs Nuevo. You can walk to the Marina and even though you may be doing AI at Velas there are some nice little bars there - at the end of the afternoon we liked to walk there and have a few drinks at Victors. In NV there really isn't anywhere to go as it is basically all AI resorts. In addition it is so easy to bus into PV from the Marina and it is a considerably shorter trip. I love the beach and NV may be somewhat better but none of the PV beaches are comparable to the Yucatan.

Mentioned in this post
Velas Vallarta
Velas Vallarta
3,884 Reviews
Puerto Vallarta, Mexico
unknown
Level Contributor
121 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Nuevo area vs Marina area

luvthebeach

Thanks so much, that was pretty much the info I was looking for. Anything thing else - please do tell.

Thanks