We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Anything like Dreams?

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
338 posts
15 reviews
Save Topic
Anything like Dreams?

Hey all.....my fiance and I were @ Dreams PV 2 months ago and LOVED it! We are getting married there next Nov. My question is this......we plan on staying 1 week in Nov for the wedding @ Dreams PV.....but then my fiance (wife) and I want to have our honeymoon at a different resort. Dreams Villamagna has too many bad reviews...so thats out. We have been to the Rio Palace in Cabo and loved it..BUT, we loved the fact of no reservations @ Dreams. Can anybody recommend another resort where you dont need reservations and is all-inclusive in either Puerto OR Nuevo?

Cheers!!

J&J

Branford...
Destination Expert
for Puerto Vallarta
Level Contributor
7,254 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Anything like Dreams?

Melia Puerto Vallarta in the Marina area and the Vallarta Palace in Nuevo.

Jersey City, New...
Level Contributor
276 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Anything like Dreams?

I highly recommend Casa Velas or Grand Velas. Casa Velas is an adults only, although you do need reservations for their beach club, they aren't hard to make and should have plenty of available openings.

Happy planning =)

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
338 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Anything like Dreams?

Has anybody been to Villa Premiere? Do you need rezos for the restaurants? Hows the food etc?

Branford...
Destination Expert
for Puerto Vallarta
Level Contributor
7,254 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Anything like Dreams?

Villa Premiere food is excellent!!!

Reservations needed for ala carte Italian & Mexican restaurants : small hotel, reservations are not a problem, you dont have to get up early and get in line and you can even make them a day in advance : dress code in ala carte restaurants, long pants and collared/polo shirts, no shorts/t-shirts

Orange County, CA
Level Contributor
931 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Anything like Dreams?

I highly recommend Grand Velas also. Perfect for a honeymoon, amazing rooms and the restaurants are wonderful. Never had any issues making dinner reservations. No long standing in lines at the crack of dawn. Honestly, this is one of my favorite resorts anywhere.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
338 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Anything like Dreams?

Thanks guys for the advice! How is the beach with the Villa premiere? Grand Velas may be a little pricey for us....we were also told that Casa Velas is really good. BUT, from what I can see....Casa Velas is not on the water correct? Any help would be great!

Thanks in advance!

J&J

Branford...
Destination Expert
for Puerto Vallarta
Level Contributor
7,254 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Anything like Dreams?

Villa Premiere (great location/walking distance to town) small rocky beach, Casa Velas has a free shuttle to Velas beach club (less than 5 mins away)

Puerto Vallarta...
Level Contributor
12,455 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Anything like Dreams?

What else are you looking for in addition to being on the water. Small resort/big resort, close to town or doesn't matter.

If you don't mind being isolated, you might like the Royal Suites Palladium in a Master Suite. (Please note the Royal Suites is the Adult only section, as opposed to the regular Palladium. Also the Master Suites are ones that face the ocean directly and have jacuzzis, etc. Would be great for a honeymoon. If you're interested, ask on the Punta Mita TA Forum.

There's another place, small on a really beautiful beach, called Casa de Mita. AI. Popular with honeymooners.

Good luck.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
338 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Anything like Dreams?

Ok thanks.....the problem that we are having is th wedding ceremony etc is @ Dreams PV (which we stayed at 2 months ago) we LOVED it! The food, the privacy,close to town, drinks and rooms and the beach was amazing! My fiance would prefer to honeymoon at a diff resort in Puerto or Nuevo.....but we dont want to go from a place that we absolutely loved like Dreams to place thats not as good. Our biggest wants are a nice beach,nice pool,great food and not having to make reservations 2 days in advance.

Thnx again

Branford...
Destination Expert
for Puerto Vallarta
Level Contributor
7,254 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Anything like Dreams?

For something so important as your honeymooon why not stay at Dreams and not be disappointed, come back to PV on another vacation and try something new.... privacy, beach, no-reservations, etc. is hard to compare with Dreams, you may have to do without one or the other. The Vallarta Palace is the only hotel that comes to mind that would have everything your looking for but its in Nuevo and not close to town.

Melia + great beach, no reservations - a lot of families, no privacy

Barcelo + remote location, privacy - not much of a beach

Riu Palace + great beach, fantastic food - reservations and far from town

Villa Premiere + great food/service - reservations, small beach

Casa Velas + privacy, adults-only, great food/service - shuttle to beach