We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Royal Decameron Trip Review

wisconsin
Level Contributor
748 posts
29 reviews
Save Topic
Royal Decameron Trip Review

Just arrived home night before last! Already want to go back!! It was GREAT!! Any one planning on going there....put all your worries aside!! You will have the best vacation!!

Food was really good. I was a bit nervous....but came away probably gaining a few pounds!!

I made the mistake of ordering my steak at the Steak House well done....BIG mistake! I should have listened to everyone on here! Apparently beef is not the best in Mexico!??!

Italian restaurant was GREAT! The staff "dressed up" their faces for Halloween & even passed out trick or treat candy!!

We actually perferred the buffet for the variety. I had to keep reminding my husband to stop overeating!!

Beach was awesome!! Plenty of chairs & people watching!! At dusk the ~no seeums~ came out & I did get a few bites! But to watch the incredible sunset every evening was well worth a few scratches!!

Grounds are the best I've ever seen! Staff is soo friendly! Actually ALL the people in Mexico are friendly! I was always wondering when the staff even sleeps! I saw the same staff every morning thru the evening! They will do almost anything to make your stay incredible!

Definelty save the taxi money & use the city bus for $1!! We ventured out one day to go to Wal-Mart on the city bus....probably looking very nervous. Everyone was soo willing to help is get on the correct bus to & from! They noticed our wrist bracelets from the resort & guided us to which bus to take back! Otherwise the taxi's could get a bit expensive!

The rooms were just fine! Bed a bit hard...but after asking one of the housekeeping ladies to put on an pad, it was better then! We were in building #3 & I personally thought it was the best one! We sat out on our balcony & watch all the activites going on below! Everyday the housekeeping staff had our towels folded a different animal for us! Soo cute!

We brought our own beach towels..only used up more room in our suitcases! The towels there are just fine....nice big beach towels that you get to exchange for a fresh one everyday! Ours took forever to dry out every night!

Timeshare *sharks*...ALL OVER!! Especially in town. But they are NOT as pushy as I was thinking they would be. We just kept telling them we are leaving the next day! It IS how they make a living!

We did the Canopy tour & the City Tour. GREAT choices!! We enjoyed both!! If you do the Canpoy tour.....& plan to buy the video....be one of the first 5 in line....it seems the camera man is always up front....so if you were like us, at the end of the line, you don't get as much taped of you on the adventure. (but still WORTH it to buy it!!) On the City tour, they take you to an awesome resteraunt....up in the mountains to an outdoor place to eat lunch. EXCELLANT!!! Who would think I'd see people there I know from back home!! My old nieghbor & a girl I graduated from High School were there also! Small small world!!

Overall....it's one of the best vacations we have been on! Not too many things we could think to complain about!

Oh...one very important thing to remind everyone....NEVER NEVER....go close to the ocean with a digital camera....we got a couple drips on the camera & now it doesn't work!

Spokane, Washington
Level Contributor
566 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Royal Decameron Trip Review

Hey sitter! Glad you had fun! Seems like you were just here on this forum! Wow how time flys! We leave tomorrow!! But we'll be gone 3 weeks! Can't wait! Thanks for your info!

Toronto
Level Contributor
44 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Royal Decameron Trip Review

Thank you for sharing! Going in less than three weeks and very excited.

Edmonton, Alberta
Level Contributor
59 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Royal Decameron Trip Review

Hi Sitter,

Thanks for your review. We leave for the R.D. on 26/11/05. Looking forward to it. It will be our second time there. Glad you such a good time.