We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Whale Watching

Which Puerto Vallarta hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Ontario
Level Contributor
34 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Whale Watching

Could anyone suggest a good tour for whale watching?

Barrie
Level Contributor
555 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Whale Watching

We just ot back on Sunday. We went out on a catamaran ride to Yelapa and saw tons of whales (and dolphins and sea turtles). We also went out on a sunset cruise and ...saw lots of whales...close to shore actually. I guess what I'm trying to say is either we really lucked in or there are a ton (pun) of whales out there! We did use Vallarta Adventures and were impressed with both tours. They do have specific tours just for whales...Claletas Whale Watching and Whale photo Safari. If I were you for the price I'd do the Yelapa tour and see the whales along the way!

Rochester, New York
Level Contributor
3,261 posts
103 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Whale Watching

We also used Vallarta Adventures for whale watching and our tour guide was amazing and very imformative!

We saw tons of whales on our tour

Puerto Vallarta...
Level Contributor
28,777 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Whale Watching

I highly recommend http://vallartawhales.com

Ontario
Level Contributor
34 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Whale Watching

JRinPV....is it close to the Melia resort?

Edited: 27 January 2010, 18:01
Puerto Vallarta...
Level Contributor
28,777 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Whale Watching

Yes they leave from Los Peines across the Marina from the Melia, Map http://vallartainfo.com/marina.html

Puerto Vallarta
Level Contributor
10,893 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Whale Watching

There was a mama whale and a baby whale today trapped in an illegal fishing net. The Mexican Navy and some of the rescue team/divers from Vallarta Adventures helped free the whales. My friend's boyfriend was one of the guys who helped free them- when he called her you could hear him from across the room on her cell phone. I thought something horrible happened (well it did) but the yelling was his excitement.

Ontario
Level Contributor
34 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Whale Watching

Thanks for all of the suggestions on the whale watching We will decide when we get there Leaving in 9 and a half hours!!!!

8. Re: Whale Watching

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 July 2010, 05:18