We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bull fights

buffalo
Level Contributor
496 posts
21 reviews
Save Topic
Bull fights

Haven't seen anything posted since 2008 - anyone know if there are still bullfights near town and if they will have them in April?

Wisconsin
Level Contributor
596 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Bull fights

Bullfights are on every Wednesdays from 5:00 to approx. 6:30 PM from December 16 through June.

Chicago
Destination Expert
for Puerto Vallarta, Nuevo Vallarta
Level Contributor
8,846 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Bull fights

Not recommended if you have an weak stomach. Never been, but have heard from several others that the kills can be rather messy.

Saskatoon, Canada
Destination Expert
for Riviera Maya
Level Contributor
13,603 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Bull fights

I went once about 12 years ago...they killed 4 bulls. I am a farm girl, so it never really bothered me too much, but I can see how more sensitive souls would be bothered. As long as you are prepared for this, you should be okay....just don't be like the couple in front of us who kept exclaiming over and over, in horror how awful it was...sheesh, people! Why go? lol

Puerto Vallarta...
Destination Expert
for Sedona
Level Contributor
994 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Bull fights

I have not been to a bull fight in over 30 years.

It is not for anyone who does not like the killing of a living creature for sport. It is very dramatic and real.

It is an art but one I can't enjoy or appreciate. Watching death is something I do not wish to see.

Edited: 29 January 2010, 02:05
Naperville, Illinois
Destination Expert
for Bucerias, Riviera Nayarit
Level Contributor
10,156 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Bull fights

A few years ago, my husband and I were in the airport in PV and we got to talking with another couple who had been to a bullfight. She was horrified and said, "The bull didn't have a chance!" Ummmm, I think the point of it is to kill the bull. I've never been to one, but at least there is a lot of history, tradition, pageantry and skill involved. (I have Sky Satellite TV in my condo in Bucerias and they televise bullfights on the weekends.)

New Berlin...
Level Contributor
349 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Bull fights

I'm neither pro nor con, just a tourist photographer who would like to take some pix home. How much is admission to the bullfight?

Wisconsin
Level Contributor
596 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Bull fights

If you type in "bullfights in Puerto Vallarta" in your search engine you come up with many different sites to visit. It has been a couple years since we went but it looks like to me the price ranges for an adult from 35 US on down, depending on who you get the tickets from? I know our time share club got them cheaper for us in the past but things always change. I personally wouldn't get the tickets in advance on the net but wait till your there and look for the best deal you can find. Beware for timeshare hawks who promiss you great deals and later on find out the ticket they gave you is worthless. If you decide to go I also recommend getting there a bit early so you get a good seat on the west end of the bullring. It is cooler and your not fighting the sun with your photos. Seating is first come!

8. Re: Bull fights

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 July 2010, 07:17