We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Questions About Crown Paradise Club

Which Puerto Vallarta hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Calgary Alberta
8 posts
Save Topic
Questions About Crown Paradise Club

Arriving 26th Feb and staying at above location. After checking the review board, there are not great reviews about the food. Am going AI first time for me.

If anyone has stayed here can you tell me what to expect?

Kawhia,New Zealand
Level Contributor
1,779 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Questions About Crown Paradise Club

We are going there at the end of April through timeshare and ALL Inclusive is compulsory.

We went to the Reef Club in Cozumel 2006 and A.I was compulsory there to.

It also had terrible reviews from some folk and I was concerned- but we absolutely loved it and found plenty to chose from.

I think you have to bear in mind what you have paid in the first instance and also that some people can be pretty picky.

Chicago
Destination Expert
for Puerto Vallarta, Nuevo Vallarta
Level Contributor
8,702 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Questions About Crown Paradise Club

We have stayed next door at the adults only Golden Crown numerous times and have used the facilites at the Crown a lot.

The buffet is great for breakfast; fresh fruit smoothies, omelet station, pancakes, waffles, etc. Lunch and dinner have a grill and a pasta station plus a lot of Mexican dishes. There is a snack bar at the beach for lunch and a new snack bar by the pool that opens early and stayes open til early evening. Both are very good with a nice variety of stuff.

In the evening there are 3 ala cartes. We love the French and Italian. The Japanese is more of an Asian Fusion. Not our cup of tea but others like it.

The alcohol is top shelf brands. Just ask for it by brand name when ordering.

everett wa
Level Contributor
804 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Questions About Crown Paradise Club

We will also be there the end of April. You have to take the reviews with a grain of salt..Last year we stayed a hotel in Cancun with not-so-good reviews and found it to be FABULOUS!!

St Louis
Level Contributor
285 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Questions About Crown Paradise Club

Like senorbobo, we are multi-time repeat visitors to the Golden Crown.

Buffet is great for breakfast! We did enjoy the Asian, and the French was good too.

Keep in mind, that the reason we choose to stay at the GCP is the price. We book thru Apple, and get such a great value, we do not have any problem going for great local food off resort.

Should you decide to not leave the resort, my first hand opinion is the food at your resort restaurants will be avg- to above avg. Just keep your expectations in check...they are not 5 star gourmet cuisine. But it is good food! Just my 2 cents,

Louie

Branford...
Destination Expert
for Puerto Vallarta
Level Contributor
7,065 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Questions About Crown Paradise Club

We recently stayed for our first time at GCP and found the food at the ala carte restaurants to be exceptional compared to other AI resorts, actually the restaurants at the Crown Paradise Club (Italian, French & Japanese) had much better atmosphere than at the GCP; they also have a huge buffet restaurant right on the beach for breakfast, lunch & dinner with a huge variety of food to choose from and not the same selection every day; just make sure you sit on the opposite side of the buffet/cooking area or your clothes will smell like deep fry.

Poughkeepsie, New...
Level Contributor
476 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Questions About Crown Paradise Club

I do not know whose reviews you are reading, but like the rest of the respondants above we love the ala carte restaurants at the Crown including the Asian. We too stay at the Golden crown, but use the restaurants at the Crown. There are many choices of every type and youn will never go hungry. Have a great time.

At the Beach
Level Contributor
121 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Questions About Crown Paradise Club

We just recently stayed at the sister resort GCP and even though we had a la carte breakfasts at our resort, we chose to eat breakfast at Crown. I am kind of a "bit of this and bit of that" eater so the buffet was perfect. Like others have stated there is something for everyone and if you don't like something there is a lot of other options to try. The omlete and fresh egg station is excellent. Mexican oatmeal (really sweet and cinnaminy but good), croissants, danish, fresh fruit, yogurt, cereal, toast, juices, pancakes and waffles (usually made ahead and kept warm so timing is crucial on these) and various hot mexican dishes. TIP - they have bacon for the omeletes usually every second or third day. They keep the extra bacon behind the counter and you have to ask for it.

Lunch - we didn't eat many lunches there but there certainly was a lot of option. I know soup is the last thing on your mind on a beach vacation but I had soup 3 times and it was excellent. It looked like there was a good variety of hot dishes, salads, excellent desserts (the black forest cake doesn't stick around long), etc. Plus the snack bar had pizza, burgers, hot dogs, tacsos, etc.

Dinner - we really like the Japanese restaurant. The food was okay at the French but we didn't care for the service. We only ate at the buffet for dinner one night because we were flying out and needed to eat earlier. It was the most disappointing meal. I heard from others dinners were a little boring at the buffet but then again for the price you pay, go in to town for a few meals when you aren't eating at the a la carte.

Don't worry, there is lots of food to satisy - you won't go hungry. My advice is to scan the snack bars and the buffet, then decide what to eat. Remember - it's All Inclusive - if you don't like it, go find something else.

Regina, Canada
Level Contributor
16 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Questions About Crown Paradise Club

We just got back from the Crown Paradise yesterday. It was our second visit to the resort. Just remember that you are in Mexico so you are getting Mexican prepared food. We really enjoyed the food there was always something new to try. We also went off the resort to eat there are lots of great restraunts in Puerto Vallarta.

Calgary Alberta
8 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Questions About Crown Paradise Club

Thanks so much for all your comments, really feel much better about our choice of hotel.

Have been to PV before just not A1. Love the choice of all the places to eat in PV, and will probably go off resort for some meals anyway. Especially with the marina so close.

Thanks again I do feel so much more confident about Crown paradise club. Will let you know when we return in March.

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
211 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Questions About Crown Paradise Club

I've been to the GCP next door twice, and every morning we'd go to the Crown Paradise's buffet for breakfast. They have tons of fresh fruit, and the pancakes are reaaallly good (apparently it's the Mexican vanilla in them...). From what I have read on the forums here, CPC/GPC is consistently said to be some of the best AI food, I have no complaints...... But you definitely don't want to miss out on some of the other local restaurants.

Edited: 29 January 2010, 21:01