We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

taxi across the street from airport

Winnipeg, MB
Level Contributor
80 posts
26 reviews
Save Topic
taxi across the street from airport

We leave for PV on friday.

Out flight will arrive at 10:30pm.

Do cabs still wait accross the street from the airport at night (I'm assuming they do, but just checking)

Also, how much do these cabs charge to get to the hotel zone (canto del sol)?

Thanks a bunch!

Puerto Vallarta...
Level Contributor
12,393 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: taxi across the street from airport

We've never taken cabs across the street from the airport, but I can you what the ordinary yellow cab fare is from the airport area to Zone I (That's where the Canto del Sol is). It's 80 pesos or, I guess $8 US dollars. If you're concerned about saving, do pay in pesos. Both the airport taxis and the regular taxis only give you 10:1 exchange rate for paying in US dollars, whereas if you exchange US dollars you'll get something 12.4:1. Good luck.

Edited: 08 February 2010, 22:59
Minnesota
Level Contributor
157 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: taxi across the street from airport

Look back at past posts. Some like to "cross the bridge" and some do not. I think it is 80 peso's per person though. If You walk across the street and there is 2 of You, it would save 60 peso's.At 10:30 P.M. I think I'd "spend the peso's"

SoCal
Level Contributor
9,480 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: taxi across the street from airport

"I think it is 80 peso's per person though"

Taxi rates are per car not per person.

I'm one who doesn't cross the bridge, we prefer to be on our way ASAP.

Puerto Vallarta...
Level Contributor
12,393 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: taxi across the street from airport

You might save 100 pesos. The airport taxi fare to Canto del Sol is 179 pesos.

Minnesota
Level Contributor
157 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: taxi across the street from airport

Ted,

I checked the last Year. They wanted $35.00 Per person To go to Grand Myan nuevo. We got a cab over the bridge for $18.00 Total for 2 people. Do You work for the airport?

Burnaby, Canada
Level Contributor
12,524 posts
226 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: taxi across the street from airport

Taxi fares (whether regular-sized car, suburban, or van) are NOT per person - they are per vehicle (up to three adults for a car, obviously more for a suburban or van).

Puerto Vallarta...
Level Contributor
12,393 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: taxi across the street from airport

Minnyman, you are confusing airport transfer companies with taxis. Please see the FAQ Airport Taxi Fares.

Minnesota
Level Contributor
157 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: taxi across the street from airport

You could be right. All I know is I walked up to a window and the woman pointed to a zone map and the prices were posted.They were much higher. We walked the bridge. I don't care what the trip advisor guide says because I think it is out dated.

Winnipeg, MB
Level Contributor
80 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: taxi across the street from airport

We crossed the bridge a few years back to get to Nuevo Vallarta and it was perfectly safe. Just needed to know the fare so not to get ripped off.

If crossing the bridge means saving more money for cerveza and tequila, then I'm all for it.

4 days, can't wait!

Seattle
Level Contributor
44,165 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: taxi across the street from airport

The thing about "crossing the bridge" is you don't know how much (if any) money you will save until after you have done it. Some people have reported taxi drivers who change the same as the airport rates. But some who charge less, closer to standard town rates.