We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Chickened out!

Washington State
Level Contributor
852 posts
58 reviews
Save Topic
Chickened out!

After reading some reviews for the Buenaventure.. I had my husband change out reservations. We are now going back to the Villa Premiere. I know what to expect there, the beds are great, the rooms are super clean, the staff and food is great. So of the reviews were good, some bad. I just cant go there with the mold review though

. Do you think they would let us look at the rooms at the Buenaventure so maybe next time we might stay there?

Im not one to be a sissy.... but when we can get the VP for only $250 more for the 7 nights we are there, We went for it. The prices went down alot (at the VP) since we booked (the BV) in January.

Just waiting to get there!

Cheers!

Shawnigan Lake...
Level Contributor
5,448 posts
116 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Chickened out!

Love your cat :) Our black cat (3yrs) has starting turning whitish so I call him a black roan......

I would go ask and see what they say,

I had friends stay there last year and loved it. Totally understand that you are not being a sissy plus you have the added advantage of knowing the place you are staying at. It is why we love PLA :)

Edited: 22 February 2010, 02:48
Poland, Ohio
Level Contributor
8,395 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Chickened out!

you have access to the facilities---i'm sure they'll let you see the rooms.

by the way, i stayed at bv my first year there---saw the southside and los muertos---2nd year at playa los arcos. my hubby wanted to go back to bv, said "don't fix what ain't broke" ---but i'm glad i convinced him---love los muertos and now rent a condo on the beach

Washington State
Level Contributor
852 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Chickened out!

We will probably be renting a condo next time we go down there. There are some great prices for condos! But... working in the hospitality/service field... i need to relax and have someone take care of me. So maids and resturants are my best friends on vacation!

Cheers!

washington
Level Contributor
649 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Chickened out!

Many condos come with maid service. We have always hunted for places on VRBO that look interesteing and in our price range than spend some of our time on vacation checking out these places. I have never had any bad surprises at check in this way.

The only 2 times I did not do this before sending in my deposit, I hated either the location or rental itself when I got there to look at. I cancelled both places not caring about the deposit. I would rather be out a few hundred dollars than stay somewhere I was not happy with.

canada
Level Contributor
486 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Chickened out!

I'm in my rented condo as we speak and I don't think I will ever go back to hotel life again. Some here in the building have maid service include but mine does not.

I was watching the hockey game at El Torito tonight and met a couple of ladies that are staying at Buenaventura and they had all good things to say. They seem pretty accomadating so you shouldn't have a problem..

I used a panchosvillas website and they are great in my own opinion

Comox BC
Level Contributor
987 posts
88 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Chickened out!

I am (we are) also 'Condo Dweller(s)'. I surely understand given your employment situation that you don't want to 'do stuff' but we eat next to no meals in and we have daily maid service to make the bed, clean up any dishes, clean the bath . . . blah blah. So it's as good as a hotel with (IMHO) more privacy and more freedom so you might want to look into that thot/idea another time. Si?

I can certainly understand your not wanting the 'mold thing happening' as that would turn me totally off as well. I prefer my adventures to be of my own choosing.

Enjoy your time in PV

Hasta Holly

Branford...
Destination Expert
for Puerto Vallarta
Level Contributor
7,127 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Chickened out!

We've stayed all-inclusive at both Villa Premiere & Buenaventura... the only thing we werent crazy about at Buenaventura was the food & service; the lobby and hotel rooms were renovated fall 2007, new mattresses, flat screen tvs, coffee makers etc. Food at the VP is comparable to fine dining in downtown PV, nicer/bigger rooms, great gym & spa and exceptional service.

We have visited other hotels in PV and asked to see the property and rooms and never had a problem unless they were at full capacity. If your considering a condo for a follow-up trip look into Suites Nadias, one bedroom apartments walking distance from VP/Buenaventura, closer to town on the beach behind the Spiaggia restaurant. Good Luck

www.hotelsuitesnadia.com/main_eng.shtml

Branford...
Destination Expert
for Puerto Vallarta
Level Contributor
7,127 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Chickened out!

I also should have noted that I would have no problem staying again at the Buenaventura... but for location only, and I would not go with the all-inclusive option.

Seattle
Level Contributor
43,350 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Chickened out!

I'm sure the Buenaventura would show you rooms. I've never asked there specifically but I've done it all over the south-side, go in, ask if I can look around. I go to the pool area, and if it's mornings, often maids are cleaning rooms so you can peak in. Also when checking in, it's OK to ask to see the room before you accept the key and take your luggage up. Often I'll ask to can I see a couple that are ready & available to choose between. Again the answer's always been Yes. -suze

castlegar BC
Level Contributor
500 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Chickened out!

I asked to see the room before i booked it, it is fine for location, i ended up booking it for a week and went with just European plan which only entitiled me to breakfast, but it in PV, thats an excellent option IMO...they had no problem showing the room.