We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

PV Bars for a Large, Partying Group Needs Bar Ideas

Milwaukee, WI
Level Contributor
598 posts
40 reviews
Save Topic
PV Bars for a Large, Partying Group Needs Bar Ideas

We will be in Puerto Vallarta for a wedding and this group likes to party. All adults who love drinking, dancing, etc. -- some fine wine and others just a cold beer. We are staying at Velas Vallarta near Marine so any ideas of a good bar crawl would be appreciated.

Puerto Vallarta...
Level Contributor
28,777 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: PV Bars for a Large, Partying Group Needs Bar Ideas

As far as size, Nacho Daddy, Asaderos and Que?Pasa have plenty of room. live music on later week nights at Que?Pasa and Nacho Daddy, but at all the above you'll not find too much 'Fine Wine' but plenty of beer.

Milwaukee, WI
Level Contributor
598 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: PV Bars for a Large, Partying Group Needs Bar Ideas

This group is pretty flexible...even those who are normally wine drinkers will indulge in a few margaritas or cocktails. So just great spots that can accomodate about 20 people.

wildrose wisconsin
Level Contributor
712 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: PV Bars for a Large, Partying Group Needs Bar Ideas

kabahr, when are you going? we leave out of mke on april6. staying in marina area. there are bars that look like fun right in the marina not sure what they are like yet but we intend to find out. twinner

Milwaukee, WI
Level Contributor
598 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: PV Bars for a Large, Partying Group Needs Bar Ideas

We are leaving this weekend so hope to get some responses before we go.

So Cal
Level Contributor
7,732 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: PV Bars for a Large, Partying Group Needs Bar Ideas

I know you said all adults but what is the age range? That will help narrow down the type of music/atmosphere you are looking for.

Milwaukee, WI
Level Contributor
598 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: PV Bars for a Large, Partying Group Needs Bar Ideas

I don't think you'll be able to easily narrow it down and I'm sure at some point the group may splinter -- 25 up to 60! Certain music clubs will not appeal to all.

Boardman, Ohio
Level Contributor
7,414 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: PV Bars for a Large, Partying Group Needs Bar Ideas

Hmmm, 25-60?

Sounds like if you found out where the 40 something crowd hangs out, it would put you all smack in the middle, then there should be something for everyone.

LOL, where DOES the 40ish crowds hang??? I'm 43 and GF is 41 and we are longtime Cancun Travelers, but need to know where the "Middle Age" crowd hangs in PV????

Edited: 03 March 2010, 16:09
Puerto Vallarta...
Level Contributor
28,777 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: PV Bars for a Large, Partying Group Needs Bar Ideas

For the 40s crowd, any of the three places I mentioned above.

Milwaukee, WI
Level Contributor
598 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: PV Bars for a Large, Partying Group Needs Bar Ideas

Hi...I think we'll just wing it when we get there. I won't be able to access a computer later so the postings can end.

castlegar BC
Level Contributor
500 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: PV Bars for a Large, Partying Group Needs Bar Ideas

All the ones mentioned are great! but for a zoo, and once in lifetime experience, dont miss ANDALES! never saw so many 40 -70 year old partying so hardy!. BUT, for 20 people, get there early, like 6, or you all wont get in, but if like me, and over 50 yo, i have just as much fun sitting at the tables outside. Its all about the theme songs and the donkey, plus pretty good drinks, games and its their 30th anniversary so doing extra. Now i sound like an advert again...but we did manage to finish most nights there somehow!!!!! My next fave would be as JR said...Que?pasa..love that place! great food!. live music..