We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Some hi-lights of 9 nights

Hockeytown USA
Level Contributor
738 posts
Save Topic
Some hi-lights of 9 nights

Go to taxi booth and told 23 to Dreams - I tell her 20 - she agrees after a couple of back & forths.

Reserved jacuzzi balcony room in new tower. Last time we upgraded to this room when we got there and they called at 9pm the first night telling me they gave me the wrong upgrade fee - not a great start then, so I pay up front and figure all will go well this time. Nope - 2 double beds is all that's available. Unhappy we take it for 2 nights and then have to move for the last 7 to get to a King size bed. Last night they upgrade us to the presidential suite to "make up" for all the previous problems. Way over the top room - almost too big. 1st floor is unused - dining room, living room, powder room, a nice size pool on the balcony. 2nd floor is huge - BR, LR, large bathroom, double walk in closet. This floor is big, but useable and very nice. Front desk service is the only place in the hotel we've had bad service experiences at Dreams.

First day is cloudy so we go see Villa Premiere as a possible hotel for next time. It's very nice, but the beach is horrible and I love the beach. Start walking into town and I see a taco stand that looks good so we stop. It is awesome - we end up having lunch there 3 times. It's various seafood taco's, burito's, etc near Hotel Nadia. The folks there don't speak much English and we don't speak much Spanish, so it was fun. Lots of pointing and not getting what we thought we ordered, but loving every thing we tried. Twice at Bercelona Tapas, once at Vitea, and the rest at the hotel. All food everywhere was good to spectacular with the taco stand being the highlight due to the atmosphere.

Other than that, lots of relaxing on the beach, read a couple of good books, fun in town, and another great trip. Thats 18 nights so far this year, and unfortuantely probably no more until next January.

A special thanks to PVJB. My wife got her fist tatoo, so I did a little research of old posts here, and she talked good of Tatoo Sixty Nine. My wife now has a beautiful monarch butterfly on her foot. I couldn't watch her in pain, so i walked town and drank some tasty Pacifico's.

Bardonia new york
Level Contributor
1,917 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Some hi-lights of 9 nights

Great report Bruce..we wil have to try the taco stands when we go in February for a month so we will have plenty of time to check out all the fine restaurants...thanks for the nice report......

Shawnee, Kansas
Destination Expert
for Puerto Vallarta
Level Contributor
16,371 posts
111 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Some hi-lights of 9 nights

I've never stayed at Dreams but find it interesting that they made amends with the Presidential Suite. Sounds like overall you had a very good trip in spite of having to move a few times. I've got to be better about getting around to those taco stands!

Puerto Vallarta...
Level Contributor
12,707 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Some hi-lights of 9 nights

Thanks for posting Bruce. We also like taco stands, and have heard the one you mentioned was great!. We have another one we like closer to us ( beside HSBC in the hotel zone) but there are so many good ones, so if you're in that area, go for it.

I agree with you, btw, about the beach in front of Villa Premiere. If you're a beach person, it's not very good. The great thing about Villa Premiere is its closeness to downtown and the southside as well as its customer service quality.

Edited: 03 May 2010, 23:35
Burlington, Canada
Level Contributor
4,177 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Some hi-lights of 9 nights

Thanks for the taco stand tip.

Puerto Vallarta...
Destination Expert
for Sedona
Level Contributor
993 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Some hi-lights of 9 nights

Thanks Bruce,

We will be there the 17th. As you have most likely read; we also have had our bad experiences with the front desk at the preferred tower. I hope this won't happen to us again. This will be our 12th stay at Dreams. At least we are for warned. Did you contact the Manager?

Edited: 04 May 2010, 03:26
Hockeytown USA
Level Contributor
738 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Some hi-lights of 9 nights

Sag:

I actually left off one more problem with the desk. On the day of our first move from 2 doubles to a king room the front desk told me I had to give up my room at noon, and then at 3 I could move into our new room. So I was supposed to spend 3 hours or more with no room. I got no where with the desk, so I went up to my room and called the manager and she took care of it so we moved when our new room was ready.

Bruce

7. Re: Some hi-lights of 9 nights

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 31 October 2010, 06:40