We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Barcelo... in Puerto Vallarta.... whats really going on?

usa
4 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Barcelo... in Puerto Vallarta.... whats really going on?

Hello there, any advice for me on this hotel, the reviews don't look all that great.... if you have been there what can you tell me? I was there last year and all was very good. Not no sure about this year. We are leaving on Monday the 10th.

cleveland
Level Contributor
1,594 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Barcelo... in Puerto Vallarta.... whats really going on?

Hi there we leave in Sept for there let me know how it was.

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
23 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Barcelo... in Puerto Vallarta.... whats really going on?

I'll be there from the 15th, and will make sure to write up a detailed review!

Haverhill...
Level Contributor
1,157 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Barcelo... in Puerto Vallarta.... whats really going on?

While most of the reviews have been good, there was one (The good and the bad) that still leaves me concerned. It talks about some "grey water" coming from a stream and into the ocean. I've posted some alarming results from Semarnat, where Mismaloya has measured bacteria levels (April 20 test) eight times over what they call "Heath Hazard" levels.

Semarnat is: The Ministry of Environment and Natural Resources (Secretaría de Medio Ambiente y Recursos Naturales, Semarnat) is a federal government agency which main purpose is to promote the protection, restoration and conservation of ecosystems and natural resources...

While there are some here who dispute these findings...everyone is entitled to their opinion....there seems to be something going on in the Mismaloya Beach....6 tests have been performed this year; three measured in the health hazard level, with the cleanest beaches being Las Animas, and Yelapa....no surprise, the least developed.

4. Re: Barcelo... in Puerto Vallarta.... whats really going on?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 November 2010, 04:18