We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Anniversary Dinner Recommendations

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
23 posts
Save Topic
Anniversary Dinner Recommendations

Hi, will be in Puerto Vallarta this weekend and we are having out 1st anniversary there. I was wondering if anyone can recommend any good restaurants for out anniversary dinner on Sunday? We are staying at Barcelo Mismaloya. I've read good things about Tony's and La Cliff, which I believe are both close by. A place with a good view would be nice, or on the beach.

Don't mind going into town either, maybe for something do for a bit before or afterwards. Is the Malecon busy for a stoll on Sunday evenings.

Any recommendations would be appreciated. Thanks.

So Cal
Level Contributor
8,151 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Anniversary Dinner Recommendations

The malecon is the place to be for a stroll on Sunday night. Tony's in Mismaloya is great, but I like it best after dark. It is like being in a giant tree house in the jungle and after dark the fire flys are all around. La Kliff will give you a great sunset dinner. If it was me I would save Tony's for another night and either do La Kliff or go into town to La Palapa or one of the restaurants with a view for sunset and then go for a stroll on the malecon for your after dinner entertainment.

Puerto Vallarta...
Level Contributor
28,777 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Anniversary Dinner Recommendations

Le Kliff is not known for the quality of their food, great view, but that's it.

I would choose:

Vista Grill

La Palapa

Barcelona Tapas

all with a great scenic view and good food.

Oregon
Level Contributor
3,619 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Anniversary Dinner Recommendations

He had our anniversary dinner last year at Vista Grill, where we enjoyed the sunset while we dined. Then we taxied down to LaPalapa for after dinner drinks and dessert, which we enjoyed in the bar with great entertainment. Try the "Sexy" coffee - you get a show and a drink!

New Haven...
Level Contributor
61 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Anniversary Dinner Recommendations

Le Kliff is breath taking, literally. In and around Puerto Vallarta there are plenty of restaurants on the beach, or up the mountains that have nice views but none compare to the ambiance at Le Kliff.

And they are known for the quality of their food, which is incredible. To give you an idea: Le Kliff restaurant is a "Five Star diamond" awarded restaurant 2008, 2009 and 2010. And in 2009, they received Best Dinner with Sunset by Vallarta Readers.

Don't take my word, see it with your own eyes: Visit their website to see just how romantic it would be for your anniversary.

http://www.lekliff.com/eng/theplace.php

Edited: 15 May 2010, 00:09
Puerto Vallarta...
Level Contributor
28,777 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Anniversary Dinner Recommendations

""Five Star diamond" awarded restaurant 2008, 2009 and 2010. And in 2009, they received Best Dinner with Sunset by Vallarta Readers."

That means very little, we who live here get a little better information.

I would encourage everyone to research reviews.

#195 of 308 restaurants in Puerto Vallarta

McDonalds was rated #188

Edited: 15 May 2010, 00:43
Puerto Vallarta...
Level Contributor
12,712 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Anniversary Dinner Recommendations

I can recommend all these (helpful aren't I :))

We like Le Kliff--and yes, for the food as well as the view, Vista Grill and La Palapa as well. Just to add to the list, Vitea on the Malecon is very nice also, and good food. But make a reservation as they lots of walk-ins.

We have our 10th wedding anniversary this year and will probably make it to La Palapa as part of it, for sure. Bobby Tanzen the flute player gave us "our song" on our honeymoon at La Palapa (Contigo aprendi, it's called). Bobby Tanzen also plays at Vitea on Sunday night and would play a nice song for you if you asked for it.

Puerto Vallarta...
Level Contributor
954 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Anniversary Dinner Recommendations

We also like LeKliff for the food and the view. Don't know when the last time that JR has been to LeKliff, but it has improved probably since he has been there. It is a personal preference though, and he seems to not recommend it. That is his prerogative. We have never had a bad meal there. Maybe they just like us!!! LOL The viiew is also breathtaking. We have been for lunch and dinner. Love it.

I would also recommend Vista Grill. Expensive, but worth every penny for the food, serviice and ambiance. What a breathtaking view also. Linger and enjoy the sunset. It is first class all the way.

Enjoy your anniversary.

Fredericksburg...
Level Contributor
514 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Anniversary Dinner Recommendations

If Hacienda San Angel is open on Sunday, that's what I would do ... breathtaking inside, fabulous view, great food and professional staff. Otherwise, I would opt for Vista Grill for dinner and after dinner drinks at La Palapa.

Puerto Vallarta...
Level Contributor
28,777 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Anniversary Dinner Recommendations

I'm glad to hear the food has improved, it had a bad rep. for years.

Wi
Level Contributor
1,296 posts
80 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Anniversary Dinner Recommendations

I would highly recommend La Palapa. Get the romantic package with your own private table out on the beach with candel light's on the walkway to your table. Check out my review in the restaurant section.