We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel in Puerto Vallarta with the best swimmable beach

Which Puerto Vallarta hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Oregon
Level Contributor
107 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Hotel in Puerto Vallarta with the best swimmable beach

Which hotel would you recommend in PV with the best swimmable beach (not in Nuevo Vallarta, I want to be closer to town) or hotel that has a free shuttle to their own private beach.

Thanks

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
26,215 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotel in Puerto Vallarta with the best swimmable beach

Dreams PV.

Nuevo Vallarta...
Level Contributor
783 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotel in Puerto Vallarta with the best swimmable beach

a lot of times though Dreams PV beach isn´t swimmable cause the waves are too big.. it´s really hit or miss. It´s definitely the most beautiful though.

during 1 week stay it´s possible that the ocean won´t be swimmable for a few of your 7 days... that´s normal here.

Seattle
Level Contributor
42,718 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hotel in Puerto Vallarta with the best swimmable beach

Anywhere along Playa Los Muertos. It's usually swimmable and there's a bunch of hotels & condos there. -suze

SoCal
Level Contributor
9,424 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hotel in Puerto Vallarta with the best swimmable beach

"a lot of times though Dreams PV beach isn´t swimmable cause the waves are too big.. it´s really hit or miss"

That's pretty much true almost anywhere in the bay. Some days can be smooth as glass in the morning, then totally blown out in the afternoon.

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
26,215 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Hotel in Puerto Vallarta with the best swimmable beach

It's definitely hit or miss anywhere in the bay any given time of the day, but by the OP's listed preferences for a) NOT Nuevo, b) close to town and c) a beautiful and swimmable beach, Dreams PV fits the bill.

Edited: 26 May 2010, 22:29
Delta, Canada
Level Contributor
3,758 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Hotel in Puerto Vallarta with the best swimmable beach

For colour of water and colour of sand, plus a gentle slope to the beach, try the southern of the two beaches as Los Gemelas. No facilities there, but if you use the restaurant (called La Palapa) at the Girasol condos, you can use their washroom.

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
26,215 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Hotel in Puerto Vallarta with the best swimmable beach

That's a nice beach too - and very near the Presidente Intercontinental if the OP is looking for hotels.

It's further south than Dreams, but the further away you get from town the nicer the beaches tend to be in both directions, so it's a trade off.

Nuevo Vallarta...
Level Contributor
783 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Hotel in Puerto Vallarta with the best swimmable beach

yes darling.. there are waves all over the bay... it's an ocean. :) but when I work my desk hours at dreams PV that has to be one of the only negative feedback I get from the hotel.. that the waves were to big 2, 3, 4 days of their week that they couldn't swim in the ocean.

it's all relative I guess.

it's like a lake sometimes too... but i bet if you averaged it out over the year a good 30% of the time it is not ideal for swimming IMO.

Puerto Vallarta...
Level Contributor
28,777 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Hotel in Puerto Vallarta with the best swimmable beach

I think 30% is a tad high. You'll seldom have big waves before noon, and in the whole summer, even the afternoon is pretty calm.

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
26,215 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Hotel in Puerto Vallarta with the best swimmable beach

On any given day the calmest beach anywhere on that bay will experience a non-swimmable condition. If we could regulate Mother Nature, I suspect the resorts, including Dreams, would have already bought that software or equipment...darling. (-;

The OP set out a specific set of requests. Dreams PV fits that request, so I don't understand what the fuss is about or why someone who works there wants to steer business away...?