We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Dentists

Which Puerto Vallarta hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Nanaimo, BC
Level Contributor
340 posts
83 reviews
Save Topic
Dentists

I am looking for a dentist, not for any major work, but just teeth cleaning (dental hygienist). From this board three dentists are mentioned but thought there may be a less expensive dentist that could do just cleaning. It would seem that $45 is the norm.

Smiles

Clinica dental plazamarina

Doc. Silva Contreraz Perez

Davie, Florida
Level Contributor
11,187 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Dentists

are you saying $45.00 is too pricey?

Puerto Vallarta...
Level Contributor
12,202 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Dentists

Hi Jimmieddd: Here's a post from a lady who had cleanings done at Plaza Marina last year. She and her friend paid 500 pesos each for a cleaning but said ""the best cleaning I ever had".

I'm sure there are other good dental clinics, but, from experience, I can vouch for this clinic as well (I had other work done). It's in Plaza Marina on the north end closest to the airport.

Here's the link to the thread I mentioned.

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g150793-i46-k32882…

Puerto Vallarta...
Destination Expert
for Sedona
Level Contributor
936 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Dentists

We just returned from PV. We went to our dentist Silva Contreras Perez. We each had a cleaning; my husband also has a filling and resinia. Total cost for all $210.00 US.

Edited: 31 May 2010, 01:40
Puerto Vallarta
Level Contributor
10,893 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Dentists

There really are not "dental hygienists" in Mexico like there are in the U.S. and Canada as there are not dental hygiene school/tech schools, just schools to become a dentist.. Dentists typically perform the cleanings themselves and if it is not the "dentist" per se, the person performing the cleaning is more than likely a newly graduated dentist. Many new dentists work for a dentist until they can afford to open their own practice.

In my opinion, 400 to 500 Pesos is very inexpensive for a thorough teeth cleaning. I go to Dr. Adan Michel, (Speaks perfect English and is VERY gentle). His wife is also a dentist. Very modern office and they have their own in-house lab so crowns, bridges, etc. take very little time as they do not have to send them out. http://www.advancemedicalcenter.com/

Puerto Vallarta...
Level Contributor
12,202 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Dentists

I had forgotten about the dental clinic referred to by bzy1 above. My husband had a problem with a dental plate (in April) so he went there in the morning and it was fixed by the same afternoon as the work could be done in-house. Based on that experience, as well as bzy1's rec., I would go there for general dentistry.

Puerto Vallarta...
Level Contributor
28,777 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Dentists

The dentist at Plaza Marina,

http://clinicadentalplazamarina.com/

has been my dentist for over 30 years !

puerto vallarta
Level Contributor
184 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Dentists

I had a great cleaning at BIG SONRISA near parque hidalgo... i always go for a cleaning when i am in vallarta... it is on the top left corner of the park and just off the park...

washington
Level Contributor
649 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Dentists

My husband was in pain and Just Smiles got him in at 5:30 PM as a walk in. The doctora saw him, took an xray and filed down a high spot. She told him it looked like he had an infection and recommended he come back for a root canal. She only charged him 100 pesos. The root canal was only 2500 pesos, about $208 at the current exchange rate. My husband was very happy with the service he received. I am a BIG baby when it comes to the dentist and i think I will feel comfortable at this office.

Now if they only used Nitrous in Mexico......

Nanaimo, BC
Level Contributor
340 posts
83 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Dentists

Thanks everyone, for their suggestions and to bzy1 as I thought there were hygienist in Mexico that actually did the cleaning rather than the actual dentists. I now have made an appointment for my teeth cleaning.

Jim

Save Reply
10. Re: Dentists

I am coming to P.V. in Dec. first week for three weeks. I need a brigde done on lower left there is a pontic and an implant I want reused. I am not so worried about the Dentist as I am of the Quality of work the Lab that makes crowns. Anyone? can you give imput on your satisfaction. I have worked in Dentistry for 25 years, am now retired so I know more than average patient. Need Referral. Does anyone know Dr. Au? I cannot find him on net.

Thank you my email

ldmk09@q.com

Seriousl replys only please and approx. cost$$$? Need to bring enough.