We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Villa Premiere Resort room question?

Stratford...
Level Contributor
42 posts
33 reviews
Save Topic
Villa Premiere Resort room question?

We are planning to book lodging at the Villa Premiere the first week in July. Can anyone give me guidance between a Deluxe room or a $40 per day upgrade to a superior room. Is it worth the extra $240 for the week or not? Thanks in advance!

Oregon
Level Contributor
3,172 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Villa Premiere Resort room question?

We stayed there last year and booked a Premiere room. As it turned out, I would have preferred a Deluxe room, because of the way that the bathroom is laid out. The premiere room has a large spa tub and separate shower, and toilet in the bathroom. HOWEVER, there was not enough privacy in the toilet area for me. There is a large opening between the bathroom and the bedroom area that can be closed off with shutters, which didn't provide enough sound proofing for me. The deluxe room has a standard tub/shower unit and toilet in a separate room, with a door. We spent the first night in the Premiere room, then upgraded to a Honeymoon suite, which is the the same as a deluxe room with the addition of a large private deck and hot tub, which we really enjoyed.

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
306 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Villa Premiere Resort room question?

terriks' description of the premiere room's bathroom is accurate, unfortunately. that's the downside of a premiere room. the advantage of a premiere room vs a deluxe room is that the premiere room is about 40% again as large. it has a long counter/bar area with barstools across from a wet bar with sink, mini-fridge, coffeemaker and storage cabinets. beyond that is a sitting area with couch, coffee table and chairs.

we like having that extra seating area, without having to spend for an actual suite, so we always stay in premiere rooms (and i make my husband hang out on the patio when i am "indisposed" . . . oops, tmi???).

Oregon
Level Contributor
3,172 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Villa Premiere Resort room question?

" the advantage of a premiere room vs a deluxe room is that the premiere room is about 40% again as large. it has a long counter/bar area with barstools across from a wet bar with sink, mini-fridge, coffeemaker and storage cabinets. beyond that is a sitting area with couch, coffee table and chairs."

Our premiere room wasn't really any larger than the deluxe room, (except the overexposed bathroom), we did have a counter with a sink, mini-fridge and coffeemaker, but no bar area with stools, I don't remember a couch, but I think that there were a couple of chairs and there was a table. The Deluxe room also had a min-fridge, etc.

Maybe you are thinking of a master suite?

Edited: 09 June 2010, 01:03
San Francisco...
Level Contributor
306 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Villa Premiere Resort room question?

nope, it's a premiere room. i can't imagine that there are different versions of premiere rooms. we've stayed in four or five different premiere rooms over the years and they've always been the same -- the bathroom as you described plus counter/wet bar area plus fairly large seating area with couch, etc. the size difference from a deluxe room is significant enough that you'd notice for sure.

it's too bad that the hotel website doesn't have good pictures of the full premiere room so that i could link to it and see if we are talking about the same room type.

do you happen to remember what floor you were on? it sounds like your room had the disadvantages of the premiere room with none of the advantages. i want to make sure i don't end up in that room!

i WISH that i was confusing our room with a master suite. we stayed in one of those once -- they are FABULOUS! huge living room, huge dining/kitchen area, bedroom in a separate room and an enormous deck. even the spa suites are two separate rooms (living room/kitchen & bedroom). they are very nice also but much smaller than the master suites.

5. Re: Villa Premiere Resort room question?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 December 2010, 08:16