We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Mayto and Tehuamixtle Day Trip - 2nd Week in November

Peterborough, Canada
Level Contributor
50 posts
Save Topic
Mayto and Tehuamixtle Day Trip - 2nd Week in November

Was thinking of going to Mayto Beach and then on to Tehuamixtle for a day with Superior Tours (my husband and myself). Anyone else interested in joining us? The more the merrier (and cheaper)!

Superior Tours Vallarta
Private Tours, Sightseeing Tours, Taxis & Shuttles, City Tours, Cultural Tours
Great Neck, NY
Level Contributor
4,221 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Mayto and Tehuamixtle Day Trip - 2nd Week in November

Oh my gosh - how i WISH we were going to be there to join you!! Our friends in PV took us on a day trip down to Mayto & Tehua in July 2010 as our wedding gift & it was the highlight of our entire 10 days in PV!! I would be curious to know the cost of such a trip - only because if we want to go again, i don't want to impose on our friends - it's a long & arduous drive but well worth it!! We ate at Luz Adriana's right on the water - yummy!! Next time, might like to try the restaurant at Hotel Mayto, which is right on the beautiful Pacific!

Peterborough, Canada
Level Contributor
50 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Mayto and Tehuamixtle Day Trip - 2nd Week in November

I've wanted to go there for a while, trying to figure out how best to do it. I think it would be a blast! I REALLY want to try Luz Adriana's seafood, and the beach at Mayto looks gorgeous in pictures.

Peterborough, Canada
Level Contributor
50 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Mayto and Tehuamixtle Day Trip - 2nd Week in November

The cost for a van is $40 per hour for the van. It can hold up to 10 people. So that's only $4/hr if you have that many people - pretty good deal!

Pinellas Park...
Level Contributor
844 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Mayto and Tehuamixtle Day Trip - 2nd Week in November

We did a day trip to Tehua last November to go diving and had a wonderful day. We'll be in PV the second and third week of November this year and are planning to go again. We hope to have time to go to Mayto too. We will be driving ourselves. I will be interested to see how much of the highway has been completed since last year.

SoCal
Level Contributor
9,627 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Mayto and Tehuamixtle Day Trip - 2nd Week in November

We are making this trip in a few weeks, and Astrid (who runs Superior Tours) recommended for comfort to limit it to seven passengers, which is what we are doing.

Fond du Lac, WI
Level Contributor
1 post
9 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Mayto and Tehuamixtle Day Trip - 2nd Week in November

We will be in PV Nov. 9 -16 and I'd be interested in finding out more about sharing the tour to Mayto Beach.

Peterborough, Canada
Level Contributor
50 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Mayto and Tehuamixtle Day Trip - 2nd Week in November

I pm'd you with dets.

winnipeg
Level Contributor
44 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Mayto and Tehuamixtle Day Trip - 2nd Week in November

We went to Mayto last year and its fantastic, if you want to go with a good guide see Alejandro Aquino ,he's at the Hertz car rental down the street from Los Arcos Suites he charges 100.00 for the whole day in a new car also tell him to take you to Fernandos hotel for drinks, he's a real nice guy and very hospitable you can reach him at alexar73@hotmail.com

Cincinnati
Level Contributor
137 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Mayto and Tehuamixtle Day Trip - 2nd Week in November

Where are Mayto and Tehuamixtle? I have never heard of them.

What is there and how long does it take to get there?

Edited: 21 September 2010, 18:23
Puerto Vallarta...
Level Contributor
12,707 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Mayto and Tehuamixtle Day Trip - 2nd Week in November

Here's a good start, for anyone who doesn't know this area. It's roughly 2 hours southwest of Vallarta (depends on road conditions: sorry if the estimate of time is a bit off, but it's quite a long way)

http://vallartainfo.com/beaches.html#tehua

Edited: 21 September 2010, 18:31