We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

RIU Jalisco or RIU Vallarta?

Wisconsin, United...
Level Contributor
87 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
RIU Jalisco or RIU Vallarta?

Still deciding which to choose... the RIU Jalisco, RIU Vallarta or Royal Decameron.... Any thoughts? I love the beach, needs swim-up bar. I know the Royal D is a 3.5 star and the RIUs are more like a 4. I've only been to Riviera Maya and Jamaica, not yet Puerto Vallarta. This is a girls getaway with 8 women.

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
26,345 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: RIU Jalisco or RIU Vallarta?

Two of these are in Nuevo Vallarta (Riu chain - all 3 are in Nuevo, none are in PV), one is near the town of Bucerias (RDC). All are a solid 45+ minute drive from Puerto Vallarta, in the neighbouring state (Nayarit).

I would check those forums for recent reviews - click on the names for forum access, and any questions you want answered. You will likely get more detailed info as that is where previous guests of the hotel put their stuff.

SoCal
Level Contributor
9,432 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: RIU Jalisco or RIU Vallarta?

Here is a map of downtown Puerto Vallarta, at the top hit the move up button four times to get to the Nuevo Vallarta map.

http://vallartainfo.com/downtown.html

Nuevo Vallarta forum

tripadvisor.com/ShowForum-g154267-i323-Nuevo…

Mountain View, CA
Level Contributor
1,322 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: RIU Jalisco or RIU Vallarta?

do a search on this topic on the nuevo vallarta forum. This is a frequently asked question...

Level Contributor
638 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: RIU Jalisco or RIU Vallarta?

I've been to PV twice and stayed both times in NV and I don't recall it being 45 min. drive. More like 25-30. However first time there we stayed at the Marival and second time at the Riu Vallarta. Loved it. If you do the RV you have privileges to visit the RJ. Don't know much about RD but I would do the RV again.

Brampton
Level Contributor
210 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: RIU Jalisco or RIU Vallarta?

My sister went with a friend to Riu Jalisco and loved it so much, she took me (her sister) the following year. Lovely beach with tons of palm trees for shade, fun waves to play in and bathrooms close by.

Building itself is gorgeous as is all the landscaping. Lots of shade by the pools if you desire it.

Delicious food. Beautiful room.

I loved it!!

Puerto Vallarta...
Level Contributor
28,777 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: RIU Jalisco or RIU Vallarta?

"More like 25-30"

To downtown ?

Petaluma, California
Destination Expert
for Nuevo Vallarta
Level Contributor
407 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: RIU Jalisco or RIU Vallarta?

We have been to both. We thought the Vallarta was uninteresting and kind of dirty. Would take the Jalisco any day over the Vallarta. Have fun

8. Re: RIU Jalisco or RIU Vallarta?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 April 2011, 05:31