We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

dollars

saskatchewan
Level Contributor
41 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
dollars

We will be in PV Jan 17 staying at the buenaventura hotel,want to know if the hotel will take can or us money to exchange or if the banks will exchange,I see cambios will but the rate is not as high as we can get at home. Thankyou

Puerto Vallarta...
Destination Expert
for Sedona
Level Contributor
937 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: dollars

Before I leave for PV, I always exchange my dollars for pesos at my Chase bank where I bank. If you have any left you change it back at your bank when you get home. Bring some dollars for your trip home.

Have a great time.

Davie, Florida
Level Contributor
11,187 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: dollars

wouldnt you Canukdians just get pesos?

Puerto Vallarta...
Level Contributor
28,777 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: dollars

Far easier to use an ATM card.

saskatchewan
Level Contributor
41 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: dollars

our bank charges 5.00 canadian per transacyion,and yes we bring pesoa,just wanted to know if cnn dollars can be cashed or us dollars

Keswick, Canada
Level Contributor
834 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: dollars

Never change your Canadian into American and then to Peso?????Nuts to say the least. I Always use my ATM(debit) card and take out the maximum the machine will let me to avoid extra bank charges. Let your bank and credit card companies know you will be in Mexico so they do not put a hold on any of your said cards...I also save enough Peso to get me started for my next trip to PV. Darn I miss that city!!!!!!!!

Keswick, Canada
Level Contributor
834 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: dollars

PS,,,,All cambios and banks will exchange Canadian dollars anytime, now US dollars are now ifey>>>>>>

Naperville, Illinois
Destination Expert
for Bucerias, Riviera Nayarit
Level Contributor
9,841 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: dollars

Yes, you will get the highest rate of exchange when you use ATM's to get pesos. Check to see if your bank at home has branches in Mexico of if they have an agreement with a Mexican bank. Then you will get free transactions.

Canadians will get free ATM transactions at Scotiabank and HSBC machines. Maybe there may be others, too. My debit card is with the Bank of America and I have free ATM transactions in Mexico with Santander Serfin and Scotiabank.

Regina, Canada
13 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: dollars

We are from rider country also and have been going to pv for the last 9 years. Do not take US dollars and just use debit card at atm at the scotia bank located 1 block east of malecon which is walking distance from your hotel.

castlegar BC
Level Contributor
500 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: dollars

But, the answer to your question is YES, the beunaventura will exchange $$$ for you, if thats your choice.American to peso last year, but maybe not this year. i just use my debit card...love that you get all different denominations, and your bank balance always looks very healthy in pesos...have fun.

saskatchewan
Level Contributor
41 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: dollars

i do not change can to us we have a us account we have been going to mex for 25 years and have been able to change our money wherever just heard that it was getting hard to change money now would like to hear from someone who has stayed at the bueonoventura lately