We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Lap swimming

Madison, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
8,111 posts
18 reviews
Save Topic
Lap swimming

I am used to swimming 20 lengths of 50 metros in the summer (Olympic size pool) and 40 lengths of 25 yards in the winter. Where can I swim those kind of distances in PVR without worrying about kids or adults playing in the pool?

castlegar BC
Level Contributor
500 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Lap swimming

LOL..in the bay?

Vancouver, B.C.
Level Contributor
3,048 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Lap swimming

the only 'lap' pool I know of is at Paradise Village. But Paradise Village is in Neuvo Vallarta, not Puerto Vallarta.

Branford...
Destination Expert
for Puerto Vallarta
Level Contributor
7,146 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Lap swimming

Where are you planning on staying in PV?

Puerto Vallarta...
Level Contributor
12,343 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Lap swimming

The Krystal has a lap pool. Since it isn't the main pool, you can virtually always swim laps undisturbed.

Edited: 18 November 2010, 03:45
Puerto Vallarta
Level Contributor
10,893 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Lap swimming

There is an Olympic sized pool specific for laps that was built for the Pan American games. It is out past Pitillal. pvscene.com/1879/…

Poland, Ohio
Level Contributor
8,449 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Lap swimming

brenda---we were visiting a friend in pitillal and we walked his dog around the neighborhood in june---that pool is awesome!

Madison, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
8,111 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Lap swimming

The Olympic pool is similar to what I swim in in the summer. Awesome! Which is easiest to get to from the Marina area...Krystal or past Pitillal.

Will Krystal let me swim laps as a non-guest?

Puerto Vallarta...
Level Contributor
12,343 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Lap swimming

Holakjs: With respect to the Krystal, you have to buy a day pass to use the pools. It's something like 200 pesos each time, redeemable in food and drink.

Bobadilla is not really very close to the Marina and even the Krystal will mean commuting. If I were you I'd try to make do with the pool where you are or stay closer to where you want to swim. Good luck. Btw, I'm very sympathetic. My step grandaugher is a very competitive team swimmer, and I try to swim laps every day when we're in Mexico,at the Krystal.

9. Re: Lap swimming

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 May 2011, 07:29