We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Verizon Cell phone Mex cost

Mitchell, SD
Level Contributor
448 posts
44 reviews
Save Topic
Verizon Cell phone Mex cost

Has anyone researched the cost to use a Verizon Cell phone in Mexico? I was told to go to International cost $15 per month and no extra charge for minutes - just wondering if that is correct before I rack up minutes.

I have other methods but this is very easy.

Haverhill...
Level Contributor
1,173 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Verizon Cell phone Mex cost

When we were in Mexico this year, my wife got the Mexico plan.

You can add it on to your plan for the time there, and then cancel it upon return, without any penelty.

I would call up Verizon for the cost/ details.

Scottsdale, AZ
Level Contributor
522 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Verizon Cell phone Mex cost

I added the Mexico plan for an additional $10 per month and don't have any problems making or receiving calls. However, caller ID does not work.

Seattle
Level Contributor
1,187 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Verizon Cell phone Mex cost

Hi Randy,

Can you elaborate a little on what plan you got. I just called Verizon and the only thing they could offer me was a plan for .99 a minute. I leave in the morning, so I am doing this last minute.....

Thanks

Scottsdale, AZ
Level Contributor
522 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Verizon Cell phone Mex cost

I would go to your Verizon store and talk to them in person. My wife takes care of all the bills and stuff, but as far as I know we had the US friends and family plan and then added Mexico. They said we wouldn't have the friends and family any more, which really didn't make any difference to us since we don't spend much time on the phone.

PM me if you want my celll# and you can give it to Verizon and tell them you want the same thing.

Randy

San Jose CA
Level Contributor
39 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Verizon Cell phone Mex cost

The name of the plan is NATIONWIDE + MEXICO. Call Verizon to get the plan details.

Penticton, Canada
Level Contributor
1,104 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Verizon Cell phone Mex cost

I bought a Nokia with 100 Pesos airtime a month for 3 months across the street from Farmacia Guadalajara for 400 Pesos with a decent plan.

CO
Level Contributor
942 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Verizon Cell phone Mex cost

I changed my plan for one month to include Mexico. It was Nationwide Plus Mexico I think. It cost me an extra $15 and was well worth it. Used my regular plan minutes. No extra fees or roaming. Could call the US and locally in PV. Ask another Verizon agent if you don't get this info when talking to someone. Great deal!

Edited: 09 December 2010, 06:02
Wisconsin
Level Contributor
96 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Verizon Cell phone Mex cost

You'll need to contact Verizon directly, unfortunately.

I've had them for years and years (and traveled to Mexico with them for the past 4 years). However, here in Wisconsin, they tell me that we can't sign up for any plans that include Mexico without totally changing our current plan. And, if I were to do so, it would cost me a lot more than $15. They also told me that I can't cancel that "change" until my contact expires (which would be 2 years after the change).

So, give them a call. Ask to speak to a supervisor.

Mitchell, SD
Level Contributor
448 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Verizon Cell phone Mex cost

Thanks SciTchr as that is exactly what I have been told the program is. I did the $15 per month on my contract and was concerned that I would still get a 99 cents per min charge, nice to know it worked for you.

CO
Level Contributor
942 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Verizon Cell phone Mex cost

The Narionwide plus Mexico has worked forfor us on our last two trips. Such a small amount extra to change the plan for one month. They even will have it set up to revert back to the original plan after the month without any call from me. Automatic. No complaints about Verizon from me.