We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Dinner Suggestions

Which Puerto Vallarta hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Cincinnati, Ohio
Level Contributor
55 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Dinner Suggestions

My husband and I will be in PV in a few weeks and will be celebrating our anniversary while there. I have read several reviews on here as well as on other sites, but we are at a loss of what to pick. Any suggestions? We are very flexible on price and eat just about anything. Something on the romantic side would be preferred, but good food is really what we are looking for.

Minneapolis...
Level Contributor
1,558 posts
1,022 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Dinner Suggestions

Just returned and for a romantic atmosphere and great food I recommend the River Cafe.

SoCal
Level Contributor
9,405 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Dinner Suggestions

Wow! There are too many choices. We have spent several anniversaries in PV, I'll try to think of where we ate.

River Café is one, Trio, El Palomar de los Gonzalez, Vista Grill, La Palapa, Encanto, Teatro Limon (probably where we'll do it this year). There are more, but that's as good as my brain will do for now.

Oregon
Level Contributor
3,115 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Dinner Suggestions

I highly recommend the Vista Grill for a romantic dinner with a view. We celebrated our anniversary there 2 years ago, and the food was excellent. After dinner we taxied down to their sister restaurant, La Palapa, for dessert and after dinner drinks. We really enjoyed the music in the bar.

We also had lunch one day at the River Cafe, and found the atmosphere there to be very romantic also.

Redlands, California
Level Contributor
5,047 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Dinner Suggestions

Teatro Limon would be my choice. River Cafe is quite nice, though...

Los Angeles
Level Contributor
840 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Dinner Suggestions

We are going to fly down on our anniversary this year (first one we are celebrating in PV) and will be making reservations at Teatro Limon unless they are not open when we are coming in October.

Our backups would be La Palapa (we both have a soft spot for this restaurant), Daquiri Dicks, Cafe des Artiste or Barcelonas Tapas. Haven't tried Vista Grill but am sure we would enjoy that as well....

Hope you have a great trip and happy anniversary!!

Toronto/PV
Level Contributor
297 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Dinner Suggestions

Teatro Limon is a wonderful choice for a fantastic meal, go hungry as you won't want to miss any of the courses. Bruce puts on a great show.

New York
Level Contributor
318 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Dinner Suggestions

easy.... teatro limon.

Puerto Vallarta...
Level Contributor
2,969 posts
328 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Dinner Suggestions

You mentioned an anniversary dinner. Teatro Limon is NOT intimate or romantic. If on the other hand you are looking for a boisterous dining experience with other diners involved in your meal service given the setting and the "chefs" theatre experience then this is the place for you. Possibly a choice for another night if you like that type of venue and experience. That said many other restos were mentioned that are great: Visa Grill, River Cafe, La Palapa is a nice place at night on the beach for sure, Trio for intimacy and exceptional food, so many many choices. Read some of the reviews and better yet look at the websites and menus on Open Table or the restos website.

Edited: 12 January 2011, 01:47
9. Re: Dinner Suggestions

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 12 January 2011, 19:35
Santa Cruz...
Level Contributor
8 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Dinner Suggestions

Recommend River Cafe also. Quiet, romantic setting and good food.