We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

weather worries

Which Puerto Vallarta hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
kansas city
Level Contributor
1,454 posts
22 reviews
Save Topic
weather worries

We arrive on Saturday-one weather report says low of 40 on Wed and Thurs- please tell me that has to be wrong!!

SoCal
Level Contributor
9,423 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: weather worries

What the heck site are you looking at?

It has been cooler than normal this year, but that means the low is in the mid to low 50s.

kansas city
Level Contributor
1,454 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: weather worries

how bout the highs? Thanks

SoCal
Level Contributor
9,423 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: weather worries

It does not forcast, but here is the only live weather station in PV.

http://weather.romamexico.com/

Here are the to date temps for January.

http://weather.romamexico.com/daily.htm

mexico
Level Contributor
659 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: weather worries

local weather site

http://www.accuweather.com/adcbin/netweather_v2/netWx-V29.swf?zipcode=NAM|MX|MX014|PUERTO%20VALLARTA|&customtheme=&theme=rainbow&metric=0&target=_self&lang=eng&url=&video=&category=&logo=1&tStyle=normal&partner=netweather&myspace=0

Edited: 27 January 2011, 20:39
Toronto
Level Contributor
942 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: weather worries

I don't know what this "cool nights" business is all about. I'm going to be praying to good Lord over the next couple of days that the temperatures will go up when I get there on the weekend. I don't want 30 degrees, I want 35!!!

Puerto Vallarta...
Level Contributor
28,777 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: weather worries

A low of 40ºF ? Ridiculous, where did you see that ?

Suggest you scratch where you saw that off your list.

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
26,214 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: weather worries

"I don't know what this "cool nights" business is all about."

You don't comprehend, because you live in a heated, sealed home, unlike almost every home that a local or expat lives in, in Vallarta. They don't have central heating, radiators, and for the most part no fireplaces or chimineas either. Many homes also don't have windows, only bars. You've been to PV before, you didn't notice this? Did you ever see a thermostat in your hotel room that offered heating?

Try dropping your thermostat at home to 10C and leave it there, then live in it for a day or two...then come back and tell us how warm you stayed. I suspect then you'll "comprehend" pretty clearly.

Edited: 27 January 2011, 21:47
Langley BC
Level Contributor
1,341 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: weather worries

I agree for the most part Jen, but likely like most travellers, when I'm on vacation I don't think to pack clothing for cooler temps. I want to be warm, that's why I'm going! :)

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
26,214 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: weather worries

While I get that, the poster has said in two threads now he doesn't comprehend why the locals are complaining it's cold.

Because for them, it IS cold. Their blood is thinner than ours, they live in the tropics...this La Niña weather pattern has made things wonky, and will continue to do so until spring sometime by all accounts.

For me, I've been in PV when the weather got this cold before. I just went to the closest tienda and bought a couple more cheap mexican blankets for the bed. But then again, I was staying in a hotel where I had windows and doors that closed, and I wear fleece and socks on the plane. (-;

Edited: 27 January 2011, 21:54
Puerto Vallarta...
Level Contributor
12,276 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: weather worries

We have a thermometer on the balcony and even before daybreak, it's never been lower than about 61 F.

It's beautiful spring weather for sleeping, and then later it's warm enough for bathing suits, etc., and lying in the sun, and then a bit cooler in the evening. But never cold. In the shade during the day my balcony thermometer has said 70 F at the lowest. And that's in the shade.

Really very pleasant weather.