We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Which is better? Puerto Vallarta or Mazatlan?

Israel
Level Contributor
50 posts
25 reviews
Save Topic
Which is better? Puerto Vallarta or Mazatlan?

Going w/ 20 yr old daughter for a 3 night vacation for Carnaval. What is best budget hotel?

Spokane, Washington
Level Contributor
566 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Which is better? Puerto Vallarta or Mazatlan?

Hi, I have been to both many times & PV wins by far! PV is so much cleaner & less poverty is seen there. It seemed to me in Mazatlan EVERYWHERE you go there are people begging for pesos. Even little children, I think they learn peso before mommy. Pretty sad to see that everywhere. PV is at the foot of beatiful jungles. So much to see & do there also. It has something for everyone. It also has less population. Good luck!!

Tonawanda, New York
Level Contributor
1,371 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Which is better? Puerto Vallarta or Mazatlan?

The hotel Playa los Arcos is a very nice hotel, right in downtown, on the beach and near lots of restaurants and shopping.

Tucson, Arizona
Level Contributor
343 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Which is better? Puerto Vallarta or Mazatlan?

I have to disagree with islands, I found Mazatlan much better than P.V. in almost every area. The fact that it is a city and not a town make for so much more to do and see. Thumbs up for Mazatlan.

fargo
Level Contributor
18 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Which is better? Puerto Vallarta or Mazatlan?

My husband and I have been to both PV and Mazatlan a couple of times and found both to be very fun..its all a matter of what you are looking for!