We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Brrrrr......packing advice for anyone coming soon

Denver, Colorado
Level Contributor
432 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
Brrrrr......packing advice for anyone coming soon

I am here now and today was very overcast and not more than 60 degrees. Which is not cold....IF you pack the right clothes. I packed my usual PV stuff, lightweight, summer clothing. And I am freezing my a** off: I wish I had packed jeans, long sleeve tees and a few sweatshirts. I refuse to buy any of that stuff while I´m here since I have tons at home. I wish someone would have warned me before my trip so I could have packed the right stuff. I hope this helps anyone on their way!! OK, off to get a few drinks and hopefully numb my body to the chill. ;)

Texas
Level Contributor
45 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Brrrrr......packing advice for anyone coming soon

Dear solo,

Ouch!!!! What a bummer, at least go and buy yourself a light jacket somewhere, it will make things more bearable. I feel for you, but it is in the low 20's here in South Texas, expect snow and ice tonight. Hope this doesn't ruin your vacation and that it warms up tomorrow. Saturday looks good though. Just drink a little more Anti-freez!!

San Diego,CA
Level Contributor
1 post
22 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Brrrrr......packing advice for anyone coming soon

Leaving San Diego on Sat and be there on Tuesday. Thanks so much for lookin' out

Edited: 04 February 2011, 01:41
Victoria BC
Level Contributor
139 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Brrrrr......packing advice for anyone coming soon

good to know...i hope i get 1 day next week in front of the pool!!

Lake Mills...
Level Contributor
918 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Brrrrr......packing advice for anyone coming soon

If you'd looked at any of the Vallarta message boards you would have been warned. We've been here nearly three weeks, heard about it before we came and have been reading about it, and experiencing it, since we've been here. In the 25 years we've been coming here, today was the first time my wife ever donned a pair of socks other than to dress for the airport and the flight back to Wisconsin.

Not that I am without pity, but you "can't believe nobody warned" you? Neither can I.

Port Alberni, Canada
Level Contributor
152 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Brrrrr......packing advice for anyone coming soon

I hope it's warmer by the 18th of Feb. Looking forward to sitting around in my bathing suit!

Bucerias, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Bucerias, Nuevo Vallarta, Guadalajara
Level Contributor
3,778 posts
117 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Brrrrr......packing advice for anyone coming soon

It's been a hot topic (ha ha) on many message boards. Yesterday it was cloudy and windy, not a nice day for the beach or pool. I went to a pool arty and everyone stayed in the house, some even kept their jackets on.

The days it is sunny are fine for lounging by the pool, even swimming if you are lucky enough to have a heated pool.

I'm sitting at my computer wearing long sleeves and drinking hot coffee, waiting for the day to warm up enough that I can take a shower.

Washington State
Level Contributor
443 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Brrrrr......packing advice for anyone coming soon

Just had a hot shower and now I'm wearing my fleece jacket and wool socks I wore on the flight down.

Victoria BC
Level Contributor
139 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Brrrrr......packing advice for anyone coming soon

okay i'm confused...the weather network is showing high 88'sF/28-30C. This isn't cold...where is the cold? At night??

Washington State
Level Contributor
443 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Brrrrr......packing advice for anyone coming soon

Hate to say it, but the weather network has it wrong....this time. Up until yesterday, the weather was cool in the morning and evening (light sweater), but hot during the day. Yesterday and today, it's been down right cold all day. Just looked out my condo window and no one is on the beach. I'm sure this will all blow over by tomorrow - I hope!

St. Paul, Minnesota
Level Contributor
102 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Brrrrr......packing advice for anyone coming soon

I can believe soloadventure wasn't warned about cool weather. Not everyone reads message boards. I've been coming to Mexico for 15 years and never have worn anything but shorts, short sleeve shirts and sandals.

The only place I was ever warned about it being cold at night was from my friend who used to go to Mazatlan evey Christmas for 2 weeks.

That's why I never would go to Mazatlan, to far north.