We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

In PV now - getting worried

Spokane, Washington
3 posts
1 review
Save Topic
In PV now - getting worried

Anyone in PV seen or heard any news about PV and gangs? Is all Jalisco getting hot?

North Providence...
Level Contributor
1,471 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: In PV now - getting worried

Been in beautiful Vallarta now for ten days and everything is safe and sound as usual.

Actually this continued misspeak about safety in PV is getting old and tiresome.

We expect our grandkids to visit and have no hesitation as to their well-being for a moment.

Use any normal precautions as you would at home and enjoy paradise.

Michael

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
27,400 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: In PV now - getting worried

If you're there now, why are you worried? What's brought about concern?

I've heard nothing but positive reports from people who were just there, just returned, or like you are still in the Vallarta area. Nobody's complained about anything but the cooler weather or the ongoing demolition of the pier at Los Muertos.

I'm thinking honestly this is much ado about nothing, so I'm curious if you're actually IN Vallarta, what is the problem? Just dropping a broad based "hint" and then leaving no facts or reasons why you're inquiring doesn't help anybody, friend.

EDIT: Or is this some kind of carry over from the President of Mexico being in town this past week/weekend, and there being an increased security presence because of that? People usually mistake that larger security detail, etc. for some kind of "safety issue", without taking the time to find out the facts.

Yes, President Calderon was in PV this past week. He was busy filming what we all hope will be a very positive docu-style program for PBS involving Mexico, tourism, and safety. He has declared 2011 the Year of Tourism in Mexico.

Edited: 10 February 2011, 15:05
canada
Level Contributor
486 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: In PV now - getting worried

There must be some way that when someone posts the word safety that it automatically takes them to the posts of previous members. I know newcomers to the site are sometimes worried about safety and I understand that totally but if you are really hearing bad things about PV then where is it from? I have very seldom heard anything legit on this except for the normal safety issues that any city would have. Everywhere has gangs and crime. Just mind your business and you will be fine. Have fun in one of the best places on earth. 11 days to go.

Puerto Vallarta...
Level Contributor
12,707 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: In PV now - getting worried

This "person" has already had two threads deleted as closed topic.

Let's put the onus on them.

Where are you staying? Why are you worried?

If no satisfactory answer, let's all push "inappropriate post"

This Forum is not just for entertainment.

Seattle
Level Contributor
46,674 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: In PV now - getting worried

No I have not seen or heard any news about PV and gangs. Not now, not ever.

Shawnigan Lake...
Level Contributor
5,545 posts
123 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: In PV now - getting worried

I get worried everytime I have to start packing to go home from yet another wonderful trip to PV.

I worry that my Loreal waterproof mascera won't be enough to hide my tears as I fly out from yet another wonderful vist to PV.

Mr.QT always worries that I will cause yet another scene at the hotel as I scream out loud, "But *I* am NOT ready to go back home yet!" as Mr.QT discreetly tries to undo the death grip that both of my hands have on the door of our hotel room.

(Don't even ask me what the last few hours are like on our one day cruise stops, Mr.QT is still considering Therapy, (seems *I* have issues about leaving a favourite city)

Sigh.....yes, let's talk about the PV gangs...... Sadly we have seen these gang members in fact we saw four chihuahua's roaming the street surrounding Dee's Coffee Shop, (loved the pink blanket wrapping up the lady gangsta) then saw two more on the beach.

We do fear that our two 100 pound Golden Retreivers might have a battle on their paws when they are moved down here in the next 7 years but really??? They need to be more assertive and a gang of Chihuahua's are the best bet to teach them that .;D

Jalisco is such a hot spot to vist :)

In all of my travels i have yet to see another city so enticing, so warm, so welcoming :)

ontario
Level Contributor
220 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: In PV now - getting worried

We're not a gang, we're a club!!

SoCal
Level Contributor
9,627 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: In PV now - getting worried

Well at least it's Friday, so no excuses about drinking tonight.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dzIpjKMKhQs

Shawnigan Lake...
Level Contributor
5,545 posts
123 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: In PV now - getting worried

^^^^LOLOL I have that on my favourites and it never gets old....

Yes, Tomorrow noon might be a Micky D's run only because I live too far from an In N Out. >;D

Naperville, Illinois
Destination Expert
for Bucerias, Riviera Nayarit
Level Contributor
10,165 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: In PV now - getting worried

Brainfood42, I'm not sure what your agenda is, but give it a rest. This is your third post about the same vague nonsense. (I guess you didn't get the hint when your other 2 posts were closed down.) The only thing that's getting hot is the weather; it's getting warmer and more beautiful in PV with each passing day.

(Apologies to everyone else. I should be following my own advice, which is "Don't feed the trolls".)