We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

PV 1st week in March for a much deserved rest -

Which Puerto Vallarta hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Great Neck, NY
Level Contributor
4,123 posts
52 reviews
Save Topic
PV 1st week in March for a much deserved rest -

My Mom passed away on January 26 after a long illness with Alzheimer's - she is at peace now - and i am headed for a week of R & R in PV March 1 - i can't wait!! And i know that my Mom would be happy that i am going -

I just want to eat, drink, sit on the beach & do a little shopping - will also meet up with friends that live in PV as well as JoanL, who i am friends with online & hope to finally meet in person during my stay - hubby will be home working & this is my Valentine gift from him to me - he's the best!!!

Staying at PLA - has anyone been there recently & is the jackhammer noise from building the new pier going to affect me?? It really doesn't matter - i'm just happy to be in PV again!

Very disturbing is the feedback that my relatives give me about "Mexico" and the drug cartel - as much as i try to tell them they don't understand PV, they won't listen so i have stopped trying - their loss, not mine -

I know that no one can predict the weather, but should i bring a light jacket for the evenings??

Thanks to you all - lopo 123

Puerto Vallarta...
Level Contributor
28,777 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: PV 1st week in March for a much deserved rest -

It's warming up at last

Dallas, Texas
Level Contributor
3,259 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: PV 1st week in March for a much deserved rest -

Lori, so sorry to hear about the loss of your mother. I have a few friends who are going through similar circumstances now. I'm glad you'll get back to your previous "home" and just relax and enjoy some calm for a while.

Comox BC
Level Contributor
987 posts
85 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: PV 1st week in March for a much deserved rest -

Lopo I also offer my sympathies. I know Alzheimers, aged parents and how sad and heart wrenching those situations can be/are

Not down there yet so can't comment.in 'real time' about the noise from the pier. I do understand that when one sooo wants peace, the sound of jackhammers or similar doesn't fill ones heart with joy.

I truly hope your time in PV will be a time of peace and recovery from the wear of the past several months or longer.

Peace to both Mom & yourself.

San Francisco...
Destination Expert
for Sacramento, Puerto Vallarta
Level Contributor
15,125 posts
174 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: PV 1st week in March for a much deserved rest -

Lopo --- so sorry to hear about your mom (mine is 90, so she's always an issue but she's cogent) and you deserve a relaxing time in PV ---- to get a break and be able to process the loss.

I hope you have a wonderful time (eat,drink, beach, shopping, et al) and hope PV warms up for you.

Enjoy ---- I'm sure it will help to get down there in a place that's so comfortable for you. The sun will shine and, because you know PV, try to tune out the noise of the relatives. As you said, they don't get it.

Take care and have a Happy Valentine's Day trip. Kudos to your hubby.

PS: One of the nicest gifts my elderly mother has ever given me is to trust me when I tell her I am safe in PV. You can share that with your relatives.

Burnaby, Canada
Level Contributor
12,482 posts
202 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: PV 1st week in March for a much deserved rest -

lopo123 ..... hope you have a nice time away - to unwind from all that you have been going through over the past long while. I did the same after my Mother passed - once I helped clear the estate matters, I went to Mexico, my very first trip to Mexico. I went to a Club Med, so that I could be around people. You are doing the same, but to a place you already know and love, and will have others there to share times.

Have a wonderful trip!!

6. Re: PV 1st week in March for a much deserved rest -

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 February 2012, 09:12