We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

1st TiMe 4 eVeRyThInG

Which Puerto Vallarta hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
DeKalb, Illinois
Level Contributor
181 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
1st TiMe 4 eVeRyThInG

OK--My sis and I are bringing our mother to PV. She is 70yrs young and has never been out of the country and she has never been on a plane...so this will be exciting (with the help of a little zanax). I have been to the Fiesta and Marriott and loved both, the Melia was ok--just too many families with youngsters.

We want to go somewhere that has AI--very important. swim up bar, beach area and lots of beach vendors--we love shoppin from them, nice pool, balcony in our room overlookin the ocean/mountains. Not into the party scene--just a nice relaxing time. Would like to keep it under $200 a nite for 5 nites in June. thanx for ur help

Chatham, Canada
Level Contributor
2,455 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 1st TiMe 4 eVeRyThInG

You might want to check out the Golden Crown Paradise, adults only, nice wide beach with lots of Vendor's down there,every room has a balcony with a view of the bay, nice pool with hot tub at one end, beach bar, pool bar (not swim up), Plenty of Palapas if your mother wants to get out of the sun on the beach and around the pool, good "ale cart" restaurants and you can use the sister resort "Crown Paradise" next door with Adults only swim up bar, buffet and three different "ale cart" restaurants. It is very close to the Marina where the cruise ships come in. I will be back on March 2nd for my 5th time. Don't know what prices are like in June.

tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g150793-d155752…

Edited: 28 February 2011, 20:58
Penticton, Canada
Level Contributor
1,104 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 1st TiMe 4 eVeRyThInG

i would go last minute, there will be some great deals in june.

Ohio
Level Contributor
95 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 1st TiMe 4 eVeRyThInG

Dreams is awesome, BUT not for you. LOTS of kids and families. IMO

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
25,951 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: 1st TiMe 4 eVeRyThInG

Probably won't be a lot of kids in June at Dreams.

But I agree if you don't want to be around anklebiters, choose an adult only. There are only 3 that offer AI in Vallarta proper - Casa Velas, Villa Premiere, Golden Crown Paradise.

saskatchewan
Level Contributor
362 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: 1st TiMe 4 eVeRyThInG

Golden Crown sounds like exactly what you're looking for. They don't have a swim up bar, but you do have access to Crown Paradise. They have one there.

Ohio
Level Contributor
95 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: 1st TiMe 4 eVeRyThInG

I was the first of July when we were at Dreams and it was packed with kids.

DeKalb, Illinois
Level Contributor
181 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: 1st TiMe 4 eVeRyThInG

thanx every1----this helps alot.

8. Re: 1st TiMe 4 eVeRyThInG

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 October 2012, 03:17