We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Weather in PVR

victoria, bc
Level Contributor
1,822 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Weather in PVR

I'm looking at a package for PVR for next week.... what has the weather been like? I'm looking for temperatures that are hot enough to sit by a pool ( in a bather! ) and read a trashy book for a couple of hours for a few days, and work on a tan. The last time we were in PVR was late Jan/2008, it was downright chilly. Every weather site I've checked gives the temp between 20 - 27C... what gives?

I'd love to hear form folks that are in PVR right now..

Penticton, Canada
Level Contributor
1,104 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Weather in PVR

on the ground right now. the weather has been great!!!!!!

Sylvan Lake, Canada
Level Contributor
3,084 posts
229 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Weather in PVR

I'm not there but have watching the weather carefully because we are due to arrive in 10 days. The difference between what wunderground.com and theweathernetwork.com is reporting is significant. However, the Cafe Roma weather station (right there) says that today it reached 84.68 degrees. For us Canadians, 86 degrees is 30 degrees celsius. Looking pretty good to me!!!

victoria, bc
Level Contributor
1,822 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Weather in PVR

Hey Cabo22

Would Sunseeker be correct ? Did it feel like 30C today?

Sylvan Lake, Canada
Level Contributor
3,084 posts
229 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Weather in PVR

In all fairness, 84.68 should have only felt like 29.266 degrees celsius! LOL. Did it feel like that??

Chatham, Canada
Level Contributor
2,502 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Weather in PVR

Been here a week and the weather is perfect, weather channel here says 26-27 everyday, couple of mornings a little cool but when the sun comes out it warms up really quick

Shawnee, Kansas
Destination Expert
for Puerto Vallarta
Level Contributor
15,359 posts
102 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Weather in PVR

Looking at weather underground history for 2010 and Cafe Roma now, it looks like temps are getting close to normal for March. My experience is that March is usually cool enough in the mornings to want something on my arms until about 9AM....in the shade. The biggest difference I see now....is in the percentage of humidity. Seems to be quite a bit lower than average - yes?

Peterborough, Canada
Level Contributor
190 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Weather in PVR

Just got back on Friday. The mornings are a little cool but the days were just perfect. Needed a light sweater most evenings also if you are near the beach, but not away from beach. We had overcast and a little rain on Feb. 27 but other than that the weather was wonderful.

Danvers...
Level Contributor
901 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Weather in PVR

Sitting in the shade right now because I got to hot! Go figure, I complained of the cold all winter. Not a cloud in the sky, beautiful! Needed long sleeves in the early am because our place is in the shade. Perfect no need to have any weather concerns.

Barrie, Ont
Level Contributor
270 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Weather in PVR

We are here now. My travel thermometer indicates 75 F in the shade.

10. Re: Weather in PVR

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 October 2012, 22:15