We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

a few questions

Washington
Level Contributor
20 posts
Save Topic
a few questions

We would like to go to Puerto Vallarta in October. This will be our first visit. I am wondering if we should wait awhile to make our reservations or do it soon for best prices. Is weather in Oct. nice?

I was looking at los arcos or playa los arcos to stay at, are they nice, in a nice part of town? Nice beach? Or should we stay in different part of town being it is our first visit? Also would like to go to rhythm of the night. Is it fun or cheesy? Thanks for all your help. Deb

Chapala, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Chapala, Puerto Vallarta, Nuevo Vallarta, Ajijic, Chapala
Level Contributor
12,151 posts
488 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: a few questions

JMHO...I would book now but I am a planner. The fall weather to me in PV is wonderful. I have been in Oct. and the weather is mild I think, of course weather is subjective. It will be warm, sunny and green. The rainy season should be over so everything will be so lush.

I have not stayed where you speak of but many on here have so I will let them respond. Each part of PV to me is different and I like all of them for different reasons LOL. I do not think it being your first visit will have an impact on where it would be suggested you stay.

I have not been on Rhythms of the Night d/t sea sickness, found out on a cruise, on the Pirate ship, and also on boat before scuba diving in PV, no more boats for me...LOL. If I could do it, be on a boat that is, I would certainly do this tour. I hear good things about it, so will see what others say.

Good luck on your decisions, I sure hope you love PV...please post any questions you may have so we can help out...Happy vacations!

Two Harbors...
Level Contributor
326 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: a few questions

We were at Rhythms of the Night tonight & liked it--but a wee bit cheesy, but also fun The tables for 4 or more are up off the waterfront so the couples get preferred seating right on the water, with torches lighting the area. The setting is beautiful & the food was really tasty.

We are just down the street from Playa Los Arcos at Plaza Mar & love this area. Tons of restaurants, bars & shopping in very close proximity. Love this area of PV!

Puerto Vallarta...
Level Contributor
12,393 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: a few questions

I thought the Rhythms of the Night show was the finest modern dance performance I ever seen. The choreography is brilliant and moving and the dancers´ execution of it amazing: both artistic and athletically awe-inspiring. You can tell they practice 6 days a week in addition to the shows. Some of the performances in particular will stay with me for the rest of my life. I´d gladly go again. It´s a beautiful introduction to some of the legends that are part of the fabric of Mexico, expressed through dance.

The rest of the evening is good too: well-organized, good food, gorgeous setting. Highly recommended, unless people just aren´t into modern dance maybe. At least the night we went, I wouldn´t really call it a booze cruise. Towards the end of the evening, they turn the lights down and encourage romantic dancing as the boat drifts back into port.

An added note: Around Easter (we went on the Thursday before Easter last year), they were doing a famous Yaqui Indian dance, of the slain deer. Anyone there near Easter, don´t miss this.

Edited: 27 March 2011, 16:19
Estevan, Canada
Level Contributor
538 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: a few questions

I highly recommend Los Arcos suites,type it ...or playa Los Arcos in the search bar and you will get numerous links about these hotels , it will save me tons of time and a sore finger from cell phone typing lol

Poland, Ohio
Level Contributor
8,515 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: a few questions

we loved playa los arcos

6. Re: a few questions

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 October 2012, 04:16