We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Parasailing???

Collingswood, New...
5 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Parasailing???

Can anyone tell me if there is some tour company that offers parasailing, would really like to try this..Would appreciate any help with this

Poland, Ohio
Level Contributor
8,525 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Parasailing???

you can just parasail from the beach--you won't need a tour.

on los muertos beach right by daquari dicks there are 3 guys that i highly recommend. we watch them for hours and they do a great job. the one guys name is raoul.

where are you staying?

SoCal
Level Contributor
9,486 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Parasailing???

Be sure to ask for the deluxe flight that includes a close up view of the hotels, here are some pics of a gal checking out the Tropicana.

…webshots.com/photo/2510401770037070083aIVLOq

Puerto Vallarta
Level Contributor
10,893 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Parasailing???

No tour company would offer parasailng- it's too "iffy" for them to want to have that liability. I personally would not do it....

Kitimat, Canada
Level Contributor
103 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Parasailing???

My dad did parasailing as his business in PV for years. I'm not sure if he still does it as the last time we spoke about it he said hes getting to too old for it as the women want the young good looking guys. He would know though who is good and reliable. Look for the company named Pelachino. His motto is "Don't Be Chicken Don't Be Shy, Fly high in the sky!"

Toronto Canada
Level Contributor
145 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Parasailing???

Teduardo, maybe she forgot her in camera in her room and wanted to get it.

Naperville, Illinois
Destination Expert
for Bucerias, Riviera Nayarit
Level Contributor
9,929 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Parasailing???

There's no way they could get me to have enough Margaritas so that I'd go parasailing. (OK, maybe I'm just too darned old.)

Years ago, we were leaving PV to return to Chicago and a poor guy was all bandaged up and he was lying in the back of the plane. He went parasailing and the tow rope broke; he slammed into the side of a hotel building. He had been hospitalized for a couple of weeks and was lucky to have survived the accident.

Saskatoon, Canada
Destination Expert
for Riviera Maya
Level Contributor
12,953 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Parasailing???

I went parasailing in Nuevo Vallarta for my 40th birthday last year....it was fun! LONG rope, 800 feet up in the air- awesome views!! (I was told that was the longest tow rope of anywhere in Mexico! Yikes.)

Yes, it is not completely safe, that is true....but I felt a lot safer doing that than driving on those winding highways north of PV with a speeding taxista.

Edited: 31 May 2011, 20:09
Duluth, MN
Level Contributor
63 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Parasailing???

We were in PV in March and our daughter parasailed with the people in front of the Fiesta Americana. They said it's best to go early in the day before the winds kick up too much and they have different size canopies depending upon conditions. Ask questions and see how they respond, if you don't feel comfortable walk down the beach a little farther and ask the next group.

Vancouver BC
Destination Expert
for Vancouver
Level Contributor
9,111 posts
187 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Parasailing???

My wife calls it Dope on a Rope

Portland, OR
Level Contributor
43 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Parasailing???

I parasailed a few years back in front of the GCP. It felt very safe and I would say is much more peaceful than anything else. Of course I wasnt run into the side of a building.