We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel recommendations.

Meridian, Idaho
Level Contributor
1,174 posts
36 reviews
Save Topic
Hotel recommendations.

Hey all! I have only been to PV once for a day (cruise). My in-laws frequent PV but always stay in the New PV, so they are no help.

I need a recc for a hotel that fits the below requirements. They stay would be in off season, Oct or November :

A hotel at or under $100 per night (this is flexible)

A pool

My most important: it be on a good beach with swimable water.

Located in OLD PV where all the great restaurants are.

I have several hotels bookmarked but was wondering you experts' opinions.

Thanks in advance :)

It would be a girls trip so nothing fancy or romatic required.

Poland, Ohio
Level Contributor
8,398 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotel recommendations.

we stayed at playa los arcos---do condos now---but if i were to stay at a hotel--i would choose pla or los arcos suites a short block from the beach. if you stay at either and there is a 3rd property casa susana dona--you can use the facilities of all 3. csd has a rooftop pool which is quiet and kinda neat

have a blast

Sylvan Lake, Canada
Level Contributor
3,083 posts
223 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotel recommendations.

scifi beat me to it but based on your criteria I was going to recommend Playa Los Arcos as well. We haven't stayed there but walked through it in March and it looked reall nice. The other option close to town that I've been considering is Buenaventura Grand but don't know how that would fit with your budget.

Meridian, Idaho
Level Contributor
1,174 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hotel recommendations.

Playa los Arcos and Casa Susana are on my list! :)

Toronto Canada
Level Contributor
145 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hotel recommendations.

The ones already suggested would be my top picks, but you could also consider the San Marino or Tropicana. Another one I like is La Terazza Inn, but no pool there. Have a blast!

Meridian, Idaho
Level Contributor
1,174 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Hotel recommendations.

Are the palapas out front of the Tropicana for the guests, or the public? Are they hard to get?

Toronto Canada
Level Contributor
145 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Hotel recommendations.

Not sure about the palapas in front of the Tropicana, but they shouldn't be too hard to get in Oct/Nov. Tropicana has a nice large pool area with restaurant and bar. Rooms are comfortable, but not luxurious. Many have nice balconies with views of the pool.

Madison, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
2,315 posts
123 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Hotel recommendations.

The palapas are for the guests and they are not hard to get. If you stay there they will take take a lounge chair on the beach for you. I have stayed at the Tropicana the last 2 years and it has everything you describe. PM me if you want more info on the Tropicana.

"Funman"

Edited: 30 May 2011, 06:02
Meridian, Idaho
Level Contributor
1,174 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Hotel recommendations.

Ok thanks. Is it warm enough to get into the ocean in Oct? What about the ocean water? We were in PV in January and I thought the water was too cold. Thanks for your help.

Oh, can't find La Terazza Inn on TA. Am I spelling it right?

Toronto Canada
Level Contributor
145 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Hotel recommendations.

La Terraza Inn ...

tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g150793-d602849…

Puerto Vallarta...
Level Contributor
28,777 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Hotel recommendations.

Water should be good for you, last winter we had La Niña and the water was a bit cool.