We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Thinking about heading to PV in April and I have Q's

Oceanside...
Level Contributor
515 posts
120 reviews
Save Topic
Thinking about heading to PV in April and I have Q's

Number 1: I have been to cabo are thier any beaches similiar to medano beach, bars right on the beach? If so what is the name of the beach or bar. 2: What is the best zip line company? 3. What other events if any happen in late March early April examples baseball, bullfighting things of that nature. 4: Are their any shopping spots other than on the malecon like an indoor market similiar to mazatlan. Thanks in advance, Greg

Trail, Canada
Level Contributor
3,637 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Thinking about heading to PV in April and I have Q's

Los Muertos beach is what you are describing in the old town area. We even met a beach vendor in Cabo San Lucas who we recognized from working Los Muertos, out in front of Fidencio's in PV. I guess he had seniority and took a transfer or something. We reminisced with him for a bit and the very next time by us he tried to sell us sunglasses like we were regular folk and not his old friends. Go figure. The Los Muertos beach is longer and offers varied places to sit and isn't as hectic as Cabo's limited beach but then again where else is that crazy.

Shawnee, Kansas
Destination Expert
for Puerto Vallarta
Level Contributor
15,789 posts
102 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Thinking about heading to PV in April and I have Q's

The flea market is at the top of this map.......you can scroll up or down for other areas. There are lots of beachside bars and restaurants on this map as well.

http://vallartainfo.com/south.html

Tons of shopping also on the above map ....all over that area, and on the downtown map above it. Plus beach vendors on Low Muertos with good stuff. The world is your oyster in PV!

Puerto Vallarta
Level Contributor
10,893 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Thinking about heading to PV in April and I have Q's

Los Muertos is the beach you want to go to. None of the bars are wild like Billygan's, etc. but still fun......

Los Veranos is your best zip-line tour and bang for your buck- one of the most respected canopy tours in Vallarta, safe, fun and the original one. Best guides also:)

There is a ton of shopping downtown, at the flea market and also on the Rio Cuale Island. Easy to get to and nice to explore- more fun and more stuff than in Maz.

Oceanside...
Level Contributor
515 posts
120 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Thinking about heading to PV in April and I have Q's

Thanks to everyone, that was the info I was looking for.

Oceanside...
Level Contributor
515 posts
120 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Thinking about heading to PV in April and I have Q's

Next question, what budget hotels are around those beaches? I was looking at el pescador is that close, the others are hotel posada da Roger, hotel rio Pierre, rosita hotel and catedral are any of those close to muertos beach. I would prefer to walk to most places. In Cabo we stayed near the marina and loved it everything was walkable. I am looking for that same location here any suggestions would be great.

Redlands, California
Level Contributor
5,176 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Thinking about heading to PV in April and I have Q's

There are a few budget hotels near Los Muertos Beach. Posada de Roger and Hotel Eloisa come to mind.

Naperville, Illinois
Destination Expert
for Bucerias, Riviera Nayarit
Level Contributor
10,059 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Thinking about heading to PV in April and I have Q's

Greg, In your first post here, you mentioned bullfighting.

Disclaimer: I haven't been to one in PV, or anywhere else in Mexico, but I've heard that the bullfights in Mexico are not the type that used to be shown in old-style romantic Hollywood movies. (Just wanted to be sure that you were forwarned about the level of violence that exists, along with the history, pageantry and traditions, etc.)

Seattle
Level Contributor
45,226 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Thinking about heading to PV in April and I have Q's

I'm crazy for Posada de Roger. It's the closest from your list at 2-1/2 blocks in off Los Muertos. I've stayed there a dozen+ times. Any questions, just ask. It is even closer and more central than the Marina to downtown Cabo. PV is a much larger places than Cabo just speaking to the size of the city, the layout, the numbers of everything available (shops, restaurants, bars, galleries, etc.) -suze

9. Re: Thinking about heading to PV in April and I have Q's

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 October 2012, 05:18