We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

navigating PV forum?

Portland, Oregon
Level Contributor
57 posts
Save Topic
navigating PV forum?

Does anyone else have difficulty navigating through the various posts on this forum. More likely than not I try to open posts and all I get is a blank screen so I have to back track with my browser to try to access the topic. I get frustrated and vacate the forum. I don't know if it's my lousy computer skills or if any one else has experienced this particular problem. I find this site very informative and those that post are knowledgeable and very helpful.

surrey eh vo BC
Level Contributor
1,047 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: navigating PV forum?

I've never had a problems

Seattle
Level Contributor
48,448 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: navigating PV forum?

No, never experienced that (or any other problems). Sounds like a setting on your own computer, not the fault of this forum?? suze

Burnaby, Canada
Level Contributor
12,573 posts
231 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: navigating PV forum?

No problems here. I've been posting on this Forum (and other TA Forums) for several years, using PC's and Apple machines and tablets, and using several different internet browsers, with very little trouble.

One suggestion -- you could post your "problem(s)" to the "TripAdvisor Support Forum" -- in your post there, explain your problem(s) in a bit more detail, and I'm sure others will chime with some help.

Here's a link to the Support Forum:

tripadvisor.ca/ShowForum-g1-i12105-TripAdvis…

Good luck!!

Oregon
Level Contributor
3,796 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: navigating PV forum?

I haven't had any problems with blank screens or anything else. The way I read the forum is I will open up multiple threads that I want to read in different tabs. Then close the tab when I am done with that thread. No back button navigating for me!

groover beach cali
Level Contributor
195 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: navigating PV forum?

Not enough info for a meaningful reply, but here goes anyway--sounds like a browser security/antivirus setting gone insane. Check those, this site loads a bunch of stuff and some of it if blocked impairs functionality.

Portland, Oregon
Level Contributor
57 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: navigating PV forum?

As I expected the problem is on my end. I will check to make sure that I don't have any soft ware issues working against me. As a side note I will heading to PV in October, and can't wait to get back. I'm from Oregon and the summer so far here has been dismal with all the rain. I posted several weeks back about using a safe to secure your valuables. You can be sure that I wont make the mistake of not using the safe when I return. Thanks to all for your input and information.

Winnipeg
Level Contributor
252 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: navigating PV forum?

I had the same problem with one of my internet browsers, but not the other. The one giving me problems just needed to be updated. Try that :)

Puerto Vallarta...
Level Contributor
1,160 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: navigating PV forum?

Definately you need to update your browser and I would try this free download. Advanced SystemCare (their free version will clean up all your unwanted stuff and pass words etc.) but keeps the system refreshed and running smoothly.

www.iobit.com/advancedsystemcareper.html

North Providence...
Level Contributor
1,471 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: navigating PV forum?

Nope. Never had that problem

10. Re: navigating PV forum?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 October 2012, 22:17